Franklin Templeton set up its first in India as Templeton Asset Management India Private Limited in 1996. The business started off with the launch of Templeton India Growth Fund, their first fund in the year 1996 with the Templeton India Growth Fund and has grown at a steady rate since then.
Investment Objective of Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
The objective of the fund is to generate an appreciation of capital by mainly investing in opportunities that come up because of special situations such as government policy changes, corporate restructuring, and other such instances.
Key Features of Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend Fund
Some of the features of Franklin India Opportunities - Dividend have been listed below:
|Type of fund||Open-ended equity scheme|
|Plans available||Regular and Direct|
|Options under each plan||Growth and Dividend|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment Amount for Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
|Minimum application amount||Rs.5,000|
|Minimum additional investment||Rs.1,000|
|Minimum installment for Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)||Rs.500|
|Entry Load||Not applicable|
|Exit Load||In case the units are switched or redeemed before the completion of 365 days from the date of allotment, an Exit Load of 1% will have to be paid.|
Asset allocation for Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
|Instruments||Risk Profile||% of Net Assets|
|Equity and equity related instruments of special situations theme||Medium to High||80 - 100|
|Money Market Instruments||Low to Medium||0 - 20|
Who can invest in Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
The following entities can invest in Franklin India Opportunities Fund:
- Adult individuals either singly or jointly (maximum of three)
- Non-Resident Indians
- Parents or guardians investing on behalf of minors
- Financial institutions, investments solutions, and banks
- Partnership firms, sole proprietorship, and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Navy, Air Force, Army, and other eligible institutions
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- Public Sector Undertakings, Companies, and Domestic Corporate Bodies that are registered in India
- Industrial or scientific research organisations
- Other institutions, associations, or bodies that have the authority to invest in mutual funds
- The SEBI regulations in place may be implemented from time to time and may permit some foreign institutional investors. This is however subject to certain restrictions.
- Investments can also be made in the scheme by mutual fund schemes. This is however subject to SEBI Regulations from time to time.
- Charitable or other trusts that have the authority to make investments in mutual funds
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for Franklin India Opportunities Fund
The calculations of the NAV will be done every business day and the same can be checked either on www.amfiindia.com and www.franklintempletonindia.com. This NAV will be calculated accurately up to 4 decimal places. The fund will disclose both half yearly and annual results as per regulations put in place by SEBI.
The benchmark of Franklin India Opportunities Fund is Nifty 500.
Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend Fund Manager
R.Janakiraman, Srikesh Nair, and Hari Shyamsunder are the fund managers of this fund. Srikesh Nair is the dedicated Foreign Fund Manager of this scheme.
Investment Restrictions of Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
Some of the investment restrictions of this fund have been listed below:
- If the investment is to be of long term nature, the mutual fund can transfer or purchase securities in the name of the mutual fund as part of the scheme.
- Loans will not be advanced by the mutual fund at any case whatsoever.
- Investments may be made by the scheme or other schemes that have a similar objective. This will be done without any fee and these investments shall not exceed the 5% of the net asset value of the fund.
- More than 10% of the company’s voting rights may not be owned by the fund under all its schemes.
- More than 5% of the net assets cannot be invested by the scheme in unlisted equity and its related instruments.
- No more than 10% of the net assets of the scheme shall be invested in equity or its related instruments of any company.
- Investments may be made by the scheme in other financial market investments. This will be done in accordance to the guidelines set by RBI/ SEBI/Central Government.
- More than 10% of the NAV of the scheme shall not be invested in debt instruments comprising both non-money market instruments and money market instruments. This has some terms and conditions. Refer to the scheme information document to know more about the same.
Dividend Policy of Franklin India Opportunities Fund - Dividend
Dividends can be declared by the Trustee in this scheme at any point of time and at no fixed frequency whenever deemed appropriate. There is however no guarantee provided to the unitholders about the rate and frequency of dividend distribution. There are also no assurances provided that a dividend will be regularly paid.
Other facilities under Franklin India Opportunities Fund
Some of the special facilities available under this fund have been listed below:
- Switch or exchange
Investors have the option to switch from investments made from one scheme to another of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. There is also an option to switch from one plan to a different plan in the same scheme at the applicable NAV rate. This is however subject to certain terms and conditions.
- Dividend Transfer Plan (DTP)
Investors in many different dividend plans have this facility in all of the open-ended schemes of Franklin Mutual Fund. Under this facility, investors can opt to invest the dividend declared in one scheme or any other scheme as chosen by the investor.
Why should you invest in Franklin India Opportunities Fund
Franklin Templeton focuses on creating business partnerships based on trust with their clients and have a strong commitment to following corporate values. The company provides a variety of investment solutions and provides great customer service to their investors.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.