Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth is one of many schemes offered by Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. It invests in stocks of companies that are part of the infrastructure industry.
Investment Objective of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct – Growth
The investment objective of Franklin Build India Fund – Direct – Growth is to generate capital growth by investing in companies that are involved in infrastructure-related activities, be it directly or indirectly.
Key Features of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth
Here are some of the key features of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth:
|Type of Fund||Open-ended equity scheme following infrastructure theme|
|Plans Available||Growth Plan, Dividend Plan, Direct – Growth Plan, and Direct – Dividend Plan|
|Options Under Each Plan||The Dividend Plan comes with Payout and Reinvestment Options, and the Direct – Dividend Plan also comes with Payout and Reinvestment Options|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment Amount for Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs.5,000 (plus in multiple of Re.1)|
|Minimum Additional Investment||Rs.1,000 (plus in multiple of Re.1)|
|Minimum Instalment for Systematic Investment Plans||Rs.500|
|Minimum Instalment for Systematic Withdrawal Plan||-|
|Exit Load||1% of the applicable NAV for units redeemed before the completion of a year from the date on which they were allotted|
Asset Allocation for Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth
|Instruments||Allocations (Percentage of total assets)||Risk Profile|
||Medium to High|
|Money market and debt instruments||0% to 20%||Low to Medium|
Who can Invest in Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth?
- Indian residents who are at least 18 years of age
- Overseas Citizens of India and Non-resident Indians
- Legal guardians or parents of the investor (in case of investment on behalf of minors)
- Hindu Undivided Families
- Partnership firms
- Proprietors of Sole Proprietorships
- Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs)
- Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs)
- Industrial and scientific research organisations
- Body of Individuals (BOI) or Association of Persons (AOP), societies, endowments or wakf boards, and co-operative societies
- Companies, Public Sector Undertakings, and local corporate bodies registered within the country
- Banks, investment institutions, and financial institutions
- Navy, Air Force, Army and other para-military units
- Other schemes of the company’s mutual fund provided they adhere to the limits and conditions set by the Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Any other corporate bodies, institutions, or individuals as permitted by the fund house from time to time
- Religious, Charitable or other Trusts
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth
The Net Asset Value, or NAV of a scheme is basically the value of each unit of the fund on a certain day. The value of the investments made by an investor can be ascertained by multiplying the unit balance by the NAV. Since Franklin Build India Fund – Direct – Growth is an open-ended scheme, the calculation of NAV shall take place on a daily basis.
The formula used for the computation of NAV is as follows:
(Fair Value or Market Value of the Scheme’s investment + Current Assets – Current Liabilities and Provisions) / Number of units outstanding under the scheme
The computation of the scheme’s NAV is calculated throughout the year and disclosed at the end of each business day.
Benchmark Index of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth:
The benchmark adopted by Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth is S&P BSE India Infrastructure Index.
Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth Fund Manager
Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth is managed by Roshi Jain, Anand Radhakrishnan, and Srikesh Nair. Roshi Jain has been managing the fund for around seven and a half years now, while Anand Radhakrishnan has been in charge of the same for almost nine years. Srikesh Nair – the dedicated Foreign Fund Manager has been managing foreign investments for over two and a half years.
Investment Restrictions of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct – Growth
The following are some of the major investment restrictions of Franklin Build India Fund – Direct – Growth:
- The fund is not allowed to make investments in Fund of Funds scheme.
- The maximum amount that can be invested in equity and equity-related securities that are unlisted is 5% of the net assets.
- The maximum amount that can be invested in a company’s equity and equity-related instruments is 10% of the fund’s net assets.
- The maximum amount that can be invested in debt securities of a single issuer cannot exceed 10% of the scheme’s NAV.
Dividend Policy of Franklin Build India Fund - Direct – Growth
The Trustee is responsible for the declaration of dividends in the fund at the time and frequency it deems right. The frequency for the declaration of dividends could be yearly, semi-annually, quarterly, monthly, weekly, or daily. Dividends will be distributed based on the adequacy and availability of distributable surplus. The distribution of dividends shall take place within thirty days from when the dividend is declared.
Why you should invest in Franklin Build India Fund - Direct – Growth
Franklin Templeton has had its presence in India for over 20 years now, and has grown at a remarkable rate to turn into one of the most popular fund houses in the country. Franklin Build India Fund – Direct – Growth is a great option for investors who want capital growth by investing in infrastructure-related companies.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.