DSP Black Rock Mutual Funds - Overview
DSP Black Rock mutual funds are managed by DSP Black Rock Investment Managers. DSP Black Rock Investment is an asset management company which is a joint venture between the DSP Group and Black Rock. DSP group is one of the oldest business groups of the country and is over 145 years old. On the other hand, Black Rock is the largest listed asset management company in the world. It provides asset management and investment services to customers across 26 countries.
In the year 2008, DSP Black Rock mutual funds came into existence as a result of renaming of DSP Merrill Lynch mutual fund. DSP Blackrock has many fund schemes, some of which are considered the best mutual fund schemes in the financial industry. DSP Black Rock has a variety of mutual funds to choose from. The company is known for offering funds that can be tailored according to customer preference.
Types of DSP Black Rock Mutual Funds
Mutual funds offered by DSP Black Rock can be divided into the following broad types.
- Equity Schemes: Equity schemes are those mutual fund schemes that invest their money in equity or stocks. The money is invested either in high-growth stocks or in value stocks. Equity schemes in turn have a lot of variants depending upon the type of stocks they invest in or the lock-in period that they offer.
- Hybrid Schemes: Hybrid schemes are schemes that invest in a mix of funds, usually, debt and equity. These schemes are well-balanced in terms of risk in case the equity portion is lower.
- Fixed Income Schemes: Fixed income schemes invest customers’ money in financial instruments that earn a fixed income. For example, in corporate bonds and government securities. This is supposedly the least risky among all types of mutual fund schemes.
- Fund of fund Schemes: Fund of fund schemes provide customers a platform to invest in multiple fund schemes simultaneously. Since these schemes are managed by fund managers at DSP Black Rock, customers do not have to worry about portfolio management. Also, customers get to enjoy benefits on all top-performing funds by investing in this scheme.
- Fixed Maturity Plans: As the name indicates, fixed maturity plans are closed-ended mutual fund schemes which have a definite lock-in period. These schemes sometimes also provide choice of repurchase to customers.
Why choose DSP Black Rock Mutual Funds?
Black Rock mutual funds come with a mix of age-old financial expertise of the DSP group and global financial knowledge of Black Rock. This makes these fund schemes extremely competitive and recompensing. Following are some of the essential features that make these mutual funds worthwhile.
- Regulated fund schemes: Mutual fund schemes by DSP Black Rock are regulated by SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India). This makes these schemes safe and at par with other schemes in the market.
- Purchase mutual funds Online: DSP Black Rock offers almost all mutual-fund related transactions and activities online. This makes these funds easy to acquire and manage.
- Reliable portfolio-management team: With strong financial expertise and several years of experience, DSP Black Rock has a team of dedicated personnel who research, guide and manage customer portfolios.
- Robust risk management: DSP Black Rock mutual funds in India are risk-controlled by the global risk team of Black Rock who are experts at risk management. This team has the most up-to-date and powerful investment technologies.
- Global connectivity: Since Black Rock is a global financial company, DSP Black Rock mutual funds gain from its global view of industries and their corresponding stocks.
- Choice of schemes: With several mutual fund schemes to its name, DSP Black Rock offers customers the freedom to choose funds that suits them the best.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.