Among the leaders in the Indian life insurance space is DHFL Pramerica or DPLI which was founded as a partnership between DHFL Investments Limited (DIL) (a fully-owned subsidiary of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd. or DHFL) and the US-based Prudential International Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (PIIH) (wholly-owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. which is a leading financial services company). DHFL Pramerica was formed with the objective of offering providing customers with quality insurance solutions and financial advice in order to enable them to be able to achieve their financial goals. The insurer currently provides a variety of life insurance plans which cover purposes such as protection, savings, children’s future, and health insurance. They also provide group insurance plans and online plans.
DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Online Premium Payment Options
Timely premium payment is crucial for every policyholder as it ensures continued, un-interrupted life coverage for them and their loved ones. However, with the stress of work and other things, it can be difficult for one to keep track of premium payments. In an effort to simplify the premium payment process for policyholders, DHFL Pramerica has set up multiple channels via which policyholders can securely pay their policy premiums online. Now, customers can pay their policy premiums from the comfort of their home or office via a number of online payment methods such as online fund transfer, through the DHFL Pramerica website, via ECS, etc.
DHFL Pramerica website
- Customers can easily pay their policy renewal premiums from the DHFL Pramerica website itself in just a few easy steps.
- Once on the website, click on ‘Customer Service’ tab on the main page which will take you to the premium payment options.
- The following page will display 4 tabs from which you need to click on the one reading ‘Premium Payment Options’.
- The next page will provide you with all the various options using which you can pay your premiums. The very first option is for online payment via the DHFL Pramerica website.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ and you will be led to another page where you will be required to fill in your policy details and date of birth.
- Confirm the details you have filled and click on ‘Submit’. Next, you will see information related to your chosen policy and premium due.
- Confirm these details and proceed to make the payment.
- After you have made the payment, you will receive a transaction number. Record this number for future reference related to your premium payment.
ECS (Electronic Clearing System)
- Electronic Clearance System (ECS) is a web-based direct auto-debit service wherein the due premium amount is debited from the bank account chosen by the policyholder, on or before thee due premium payment date.
- DHFL Pramerica provides the Direct Debit/ECS facility free of charge by the insurer and policyholders can choose this premium payment option any time within the policy tenure.
- To avail the Direct Debit/ECS facility for a premium payment, the policyholder will be required to fill and submit the ECS/ Direct Debit mandate, along with a canceled cheque at any of the insurer’s branch office.
- If a canceled cheque cannot be provided, the policyholder must provide a photocopy of either their bank statement (self-attested), or their Passbook. This is for the purpose of verifying the account details for debit of premium.
- Alternately, the documents (mandate form and account verification document) can also be mailed to the insurer’s corporate address which is Operations, DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company Ltd., 4th Floor, Building No. 9 B, Cyber City, DLF City Phase III, Gurgaon - 122002
NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Another easy and secure method of paying premiums online is via NEFT or E-CMS (Electronic Cash Management System) using the net banking platform of your preferred bank.
- Premium payment via NEFT can also be made at the branch of the bank with which you hold an account, provided that the branch is NEFT-enabled.
- This payment option is not available for top-up premiums.
- To pay premium via NEFT using net banking, you must first log in to your net banking account.
- Next, you will need to add DHFL Pramerica as a beneficiary of your account to facilitate premium payment.
- Fill in the required details and the correct premium amount before initiating the transfer.
- For premium payment via NEFT from the bank branch, ensure that your bank branch is NEFT-enabled.
- For payment at a bank branch, you will be required to fill out the NEFT form.
- Policyholders having HDFC Bank accounts need to choose the online transfer option for premium payment using their HDFC account, instead of NEFT.
- For NEFT transfer either via net banking or at the bank branch, the following details must be mentioned.
|Beneficiary Name||DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company Ltd.|
|Bank Name||HDFC BANK LTD|
|Branch Name||Sandoz Branch, Mumbai|
|15-digit account number||
Customer Service Helpline
- DHFL Pramericapolicyholders who also hold a credit card can pay premiums through their mobile phone by calling the insurer’s toll-free Customer Service Helpline.
- To do this, policyholders need to call the helpline number i.e. 1800-102-7070, following which they will be connected with a customer service person who will guide them through the process of making the payment via credit card.
- Before calling the toll free helpline number, policyholders must keep handy the OTP which they have received from their credit card company for the transaction.
- The Customer Service Helpline will be accessible from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Monday to Saturday.
Credit Card Swipe At Branch
- Policyholders holding a valid credit card can also pay policy renewal premiums at DHFL Pramerica branch offices by swiping their credit card.
- Payments via credit card at branch offices are done free of charge and do not carry any transaction fee.
Other Options For Premium Payment
DHFL Pramerica also offers a number of conventional premium payment methods for customers who may not have access to online options due to limitations.
DHFL Pramerica Branch Offices
- Policyholders can also pay their premiums at DHFL Pramerica branch offices via cheque, demand draft, cash or using their credit card.
- In case payment is being made by cheque, the same must be drawn in favor of DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd., and your policy number. For e.g. DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd. *insert policy no.*.
- Don’t forget to write down your contact details, address, and name on the reverse of the cheque.
- In case payment is made via demand draft, the same must also be drawn in favor of DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Here too, don’t forget to put down your policy number, address, contact details, and name on the reverse of the demand draft.
- Once you have made the premium payment, you will receive an acknowledgment regarding the same.
SBI/Axis Bank Branches
- Besides DHFL Pramerica branches, policyholders also have the option of paying policy premiums at Axis Bank and SBI branches across the country.
- If making payment at Axis Bank, you can simply do so over the counter via cash (up to Rs.50,000), cheque, or demand draft.
- To make payment at an SBI branch, you will first be required to fill in a deposit slip that is available on the insurer’s website and submit the same at the SBI branch where you wish to pay the premium.
- Premium payment at partner bank branches is not available for top-up premiums.
- After the payment has been successfully made, the bank will provide you with an acknowledgment receipt for the payment.
- Policyholders can use this option for making a premium payment for a time period of 50 days before the due premium payment date and up to 179 days following the due date.
- Policyholders who may not be able to access other options of renewal premium payment due to various limitations can now pay their premiums at their doorstep.
- DHFL Pramerica now offers policyholders the option to have renewal premium cheques picked up from their doorstep to ensure timely premium payment.
- To schedule a cheque pick-up, policyholders must visit the insurer’s website and fill in the required details under the Cheque-pick section under ‘Premium Payment Options’.
Postal Money Order
- Those with limited access to banks or internet services can also pay their DHFL Pramerica policy premiums via a Postal Money Order.
- To do so, they will first need to procure a money order form from the Post Office, fill in the required details, sign it, and submit it to the Post Office itself.
- A single money order will not be issued for an amount of more than Rs.5,000.
- On the money order form, mention the following details:
|Payee/beneficiary name||DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd|
|Place of payment/address||4th Floor, Building No.9B, Cyber City, DLF City Phase III, Gurgaon - 122002|
Policyholders may also obtain a bank guarantee from their preferred bank and present the same at the time of purchasing a DHFL Pramerica policy. In case the policyholder defaults on premium payments, the insurer can request for the bank guarantee.
Timely premium payments are crucial for every policyholder who wants to enjoy uninterrupted coverage from their insurer. DHFL Pramerica has provided its customers with several options using which premium payments can be made in a hassle-free, secure, and swift manner.