The MediSenior policy by Tata AIG is, as the name suggest, a policy meant for senior citizens. It can only be taken if you have crossed the age of 61 years and can be taken as an individual or a family floater health insurance policy. It offers policyholder’s discounts on premiums for claim free years, cashless hospitalisation, cover for over 140 day care procedures and access to over 3,000 network hospitals all over the country.
Features & Benefits of Tata AIG MediSenior:
||61 years and above
||Individual or family floater
||1 year or 2 years
||There are 3 options for the sum assured, Rs. 2 lakhs, Rs. 3 lakhs and Rs. 5 lakhs.
||Medicals will be required prior to taking the policy however, 50% of the cost of the medicals will be reimbursed.
- 7.5% if the premium is paid for 2 years.
- 5% discount is offered if 2 family members are insured under this policy.
- 5% cumulative discount is offered on premiums for every claim free year.
- 15% for all day care procedures
- 15% for shared rooms
- 30% for single rooms or rooms of a higher category
- In-patient expenses like ICU charges, operating theatre charges, medicines, nursing charges etc. will be covered.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses for 30 days and post hospitalisation expenses of 60 days will be covered.
- The policy will cover over 140 day care procedures.
- Ambulance services up to Rs. 2,000 will be covered.
- Certain illnesses will be covered after a waiting period of 2 years
- Pre-existing conditions will be covered after a period of 4 years.
cover for accidental injuries will start the moment the policy comes in effect.
- Domiciliary treatment will be covered if you can't be moved to a hospital due to your condition or availability of beds at the hospital.
- In case you need an organ transplant then its cost and the cost to the donor for harvesting the organ will be covered.
- This policy give you access to cashless treatment at over 3,000 hospitals.
- It comes with a grace period of 30 if the premium is not paid by the due date.
- It also comes with a free-look period of 15 days.
- Policyholders can migrate to other indemnity policies of Tata AIG at any time.
- The sum insured can be increased at the time of renewing the policy.
- Injuries or illnesses contracted while involved in illegal activities will not be covered.
- Injuries or illnesses contracted as a result of war, exposure to toxic material like radiation or nuclear material won't be covered.
- Treatment sought for weight loss will not be covered.
- If you require treatment as a result of substance abuse (drugs/alcohol) then you will not be covered.
- Expenses for screening of potential organ donors won't be covered.
- Cosmetic surgery won't be covered unless required because of injuries or illness.
Other Health Insurance Plans from Tata AIG:
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.