Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited has been offering unique general insurance products to families, individuals, and businesses in India over a period of 17 years. The insurance solutions provided by the company to individual customers include health, motor, home, travel, and personal accident insurance. Specialised insurance products offered by the company are engineering, fire, marine, business interruption, and liability insurance, and these are mostly taken by commercial customers.
Why Should You Buy Motor Insurance From Royal Sundaram?
The motor insurance policies from Royal Sundaram have extensive coverage to offer complete protection to your vehicle. Some of the advantages of buying motor insurance from Royal Sundaram are listed below:
- The insurer provides roadside assistance service to policyholders. This helps in getting the much-needed assistance in the unpleasant event of a car breakdown, fuel depletion, and other such emergencies.
- The insurance company is affiliated to more than 3,300 network garages across the country where you can avail cashless claim facility. This is a very attractive benefit, as you will not be required to pay upfront for damage repair in the unprecedented event of an accident involving your insured vehicle. The finances are settled directly between the insurer and the network garage.
- The insurance provider offers a host of add-on covers that can be suitably purchased to amplify the coverage of your motor insurance plan.
- It is possible to purchase motor insurance through the website of the insurance company in an efficient and hassle-free manner. The company also allows you to renew insurance through their official website.
- Royal Sundaram has a dedicated helpline for claim-related issues/queries.
- The insurer offers the following discounts to policyholders:
- Automobile Association membership discount
- Discount in third-party basic premium if the policyholder chooses lower coverage for third-party property damage
- Voluntary deductible discount
- No Claim Bonus
- Discount for insurance of vintage cars
Types Of Motor Insurance From Royal Sundaram
The motor insurance products offered by Royal Sundaram are as follows:
- - This insurance plan offers comprehensive coverage for private cars. Also referred to as the ‘Car Shield’ plan, it offers own-damage cover and third-party liability insurance. The private car insurance package can be enhanced by opting for add-on covers offered by the insurer. The policyholder will have to pay additional premiums for availing the benefits of add-on covers.
- Two-wheeler insurance - This is a policy that has been configured to protect two-wheelers from accidents, fire, theft, and the like. The insurance company now offers this plan with a coverage period of 2 or 3 years. This is useful for policyholders who are looking to avoid the hassles of annual policy renewal. Another significant advantage of the plan is the fact that the NCB will not be nullified even if one claim is raised during the policy tenure. The policy will also be immune to the increase in third-party premium during the policy term. Effectively, this protects the policyholder from inflation.
Commercial vehicle insurance - This insurance plan offers coverage for passenger and goods carrying vehicles, cabs, tractors, trailers, cranes, etc. It offers coverage for losses to the insured vehicle and third-party liability cover. The owner-driver of the commercial vehicle is also provided personal accident cover. The insurer offers 2 add-on covers that can be chosen to supplement the coverage of this plan:
- Depreciation waiver cover
- Windshield glass cover
Royal Sundaram Third-Party Liability Motor Insurance Policy - Inclusions
A customer can choose to opt for a third-party liability insurance policy that offers minimal coverage to the insured vehicle. This plan does not protect the insured vehicle itself; instead it safeguards the policyholder from legal liability to a third party. The coverage under this plan is as follows:
- Protection from third-party injuries, disabilities, or death in an accident
- Protection from third-party property damage in an accident
Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy - Inclusions
The package policy from Royal Sundaram offers the following coverage:
Own-damage cover - This policy protects the vehicle from losses/damages due to the following incidents:
- External damages or accidents
- Explosions and fire
- Strikes and riots
- Malicious activities
- Theft, burglary, etc.
- Landslide, earthquake, flood, storm, etc.
- Terrorist acts
- In-transit damages
- Third-party liability cover - This insurance plan offers coverage for liabilities to a third party in an accident. The policyholder is protected for injury or death claims from a third party. Legal protection is offered for third-party property damages as well. All legal expenses/costs are covered under this insurance.
- Personal accident cover - This insurance plan offers personal accident cover to the owner-driver of the vehicle. This protects him/her from permanent disabilities/death in an accident involving the insured vehicle.
Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance - Exclusions
The exclusions under the motor insurance plans from Royal Sundaram are:
- Depreciation of the vehicle
- Consequential losses
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Driving without being in possession of a valid license
- Driving after being intoxicated with drugs/alcohol
- Personal accident cover for the passengers
Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance FAQs:
- What is a break in insurance?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all vehicle owners are supposed to buy a minimum level of insurance protection for their vehicles. This is referred to as the third-party liability insurance. If the insurance of a car lapses due to non-renewal, there is effectively a break in insurance. In case you are in such as situation, you should do the following:
- Approach the insurer and renew the policy. You can also choose another insurance company at the time of renewal.
- If the policy has been in lapsed status for more than 90 days, get a new insurance policy.
- You will have to get your vehicle inspected in both the cases above.
If you have a comprehensive motor insurance policy, you should inform the insurer about the change. Royal Sundaram will then attach an endorsement to your motor insurance policy to include coverage for the LPG/CNG kit.
Yes, this is possible. You will have to inform the insurer about your intention to cancel the insurance. You should ensure that there is a 7-day notice period for the same. The company will cancel the policy and refund the premium on a pro-rata basis. Cancellation is allowed as long as there are no claims under the plan.
The insurer calculates motor insurance premium for a customer based on the following factors:
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
- The vehicle’s cubic capacity
- Geographical zone where the vehicle was registered
- Age of the vehicle
Royal Sundaram considers Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and New Delhi to be in Zone A. The rest of India is considered as Zone B.
You can choose to pay a part of the claim amount by opting for the voluntary deductible facility. If you do so, you will save between 15% to 35% on your motor insurance own-damage premium.
The compulsory deductible amount is a value that the customer will have to mandatorily pay when raising a claim. This is a fixed amount based on the engine capacity of the vehicle.
- Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance
- Bharti Axa Motor Insurance
- Chola MS Motor Insurance
- Future Generali Motor Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance
- Liberty Motor Insurance
- Magma HDI Motor Insurance
- National Motor Insurance
- New India Motor Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
- Reliance Motor Insurance
- SBI Motor Insurance
- Shriram Motor Insurance
- United India Motor Insurance
- Universal Sompo Motor Insurance