To be truly free means to be able to let your mind wander. To experience life outside the box, outside your comfort zone, and beyond the horizon. To let your mind wander, one must be free of worries. The biggest worries in our lives right now revolve around our health and finances, and whether our finances will be able to keep up with healthcare treatments, should we need them.
The Religare Care Freedom policy from Religare Health Insurance Company aims to provide you with freedom and flexibility to live life to the fullest, and have a financial cushion to fall back on in case you need health insurance. It doesn’t require any pre-policy medical check-up for all ages and sum assured. Also, waiting period is only 2 years in case of pre-existing diseases.
Features and Benefits of Religare Care Freedom Policy:
||Adult – 18 years, and no upper limit on entry age.
Child – 90 days, upper limit of 24 years on entry age.
||Individual / Family Floater for up to 6 members.
||1, 2 and 3 year options.
||Two options – Rs.3,00,000 and Rs.5,00,000 Sum Assured.
||Depends on the age of applicant, cover type, number of members in the policy, policy term, optional cover, health status, plan, sum-inured, co-payment and deductible option chosen.
- 7.5% discount for a 2 year tenure option on single premium.
- 10% discount for a 3 year tenure option on single premium.
- 15% discount for employees and dependants of Corporation Bank and Union Bank of India.
- Deductible discounts based on deductible option chosen.
- Co-payment of 20% - 30% per claim of final amount payable.
- Co-payment increases by 10% per claim in the same policy year.
- In Patient Care: In case you are hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours, the plan will cover:
- Room charges.
- Nursing expenses.
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit) expenses.
- Surgeon’s fees.
- Doctor’s fees.
- Blood charges.
- Oxygen expenses.
- Operation Theatre expenses, etc.
- Day Care Treatment: In case hospitalization lasts less than 24 hours, the plan will cover:
- Over 170 day care treatments.
- Pre-hospitalization: There are expenses that one will incur before the actual hospitalization, coverage under this plan includes:
- Investigative tests and medications.
- Post-hospitalization: Expenses don’t stop after the period of hospitalization ends, post-hospitalization expenses include:
- Follow-up charges for medical professionals.
- Confirmatory medical tests.
- All medical expenses incurred after hospitalization, up to 30 days beyond the policy end date.
- All ambulance expenses incurred are reimbursed.
- Domiciliary care expenses: In case hospitalization is not possible and treatment must be sought at home, the plan will cover:
- All expenses incurred for treatments exceeding 3 days, for a condition meriting hospitalization.
- Consumable allowance: A lumpsum amount is given each day of hospitalization to meet non-medical expenses like:
- Attendant’s fees.
- Other daily expenses.
- Cashless treatment at leading hospitals.
- Direct Claim Settlement:
- Cashless hospitalization upon presenting the Religare Health Card at over 4,600 hospitals.
- Quick reimbursement.
- There’s no need for a medical check-up before taking on this health insurance policy, no matter what your age is and what Sum Assured option you’ve chosen.
- Policy Term Options: Three policy term options, 1 year, 2 year and 3 years.
- A mere 2-year waiting period applies in case of Pre-Existing Diseases.
- Free-look period: The policy can be returned to the company within 15-days from the date on which you receive the policy. Premium will be refunded after deducting proportionate risk premium for the coverage period and stamp duty charges as applicable.
An annual health check-up will be arranged, irrespective of claims history, for:
- Sum Insured Recharge: In case the claim amount exhausts the limit of coverage, the sum insured can be recharged at no extra cost. Recharged sum can be used for other members under the same policy, and by the policyholder (but not for the same ailment in the same year).
- Health Check-up:
- Complete Blood Count with ESR.
- Urine routine analysis.
- Fasting Blood Sugar.
- Lipid Profile.
- Kidney Function Tests.
- The plan has lifetime renewability.
- Premiums paid are exempt from taxation under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Companion Benefit: additional lumpsum payout will be made if the period of stay in the hospital exceeds 10 (consecutive) days.
- Dialysis cover: Dialysis expenses will be covered with a fixed amount per sitting, for up to 24 months.
- Home Care (optional cover 2): Nurses fees will be covered for a maximum of 7 days per illness or injury, and a maximum of 45 days per policy year, after a deductible of 1 day.
- Health Check+ (optional cover 3): Annual health check-up can be upgraded to either Diabetes health check-up or Cardiac health check-up which covers:
|Diabetes Health Check-up
||Cardiac Health Check-up
|Complete blood count with ESR.
||Complete blood count with ESR.
|Fasting & PP Blood Sugar
||Fasting & PP Blood Sugar
|Kidney Function Test
||Kidney Function Test
|Liver Function Test
||Liver Function Test
|Medical Examination Report
||Medical Examination Report
|HbA I C
|Urine for Micro Albuminuria
||The plan does not cover:
- Pre-existing ailments or injuries not covered for up to 24 continuous months from the start of the policy.
- Any diseases contracted within the first 30 days of policy start (except those arising out of accidents).
- OPD treatments.
- Self-afflicted injury or attempted suicide.
- Alcohol and drug abuse/use/misuse.
- Spectacles and contact lenses that require no hospitalization.
- Medical expenses for AIDS.
- Medical expenses for treatments traceable to pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, and the consequences thereof.
- Congenital diseases.
- Tests and treatments related to infertility.
Other Health Insurance Plans from Religare Health Insurance