The emergence of the Internet has made it convenient for insurance companies to take their business online. This has turned out to be a boon for customers, as the entire process of identifying the optimum insurance policy has eased considerably. Many online platforms enable you to compare insurance quotes from various insurers. This assists customers in their search for the ideal policy before they make a payment.
A common misconception is that all car insurers offer similar benefits. Every driver has his/her own requirements, and hence, insurance providers are also equipped to provide them a wide range of covers at varying rates. The rates presented before a driver will depend on his location, the make and condition of his car and many such factors.
Benefits of online purchase of car insurance
Reduction in time and effort
Before the availability of car insurances online, you would have to spend a lot of time contacting insurance agents from different companies for rate quotes. Today, it is possible to visit one website and get an elaborate comparison of quotes from different insurers. This assists you in finding the most optimum insurance for your needs in the shortest possible time.
Most insurance companies have websites where details on policies are updated. You can also effortlessly compare policies and narrow down on the most appropriate one. It is possible to pay your premium, alter the coverage of your policy and even file claims online. Your insurance policy documentation is also available at all times on the website. You can immediately print any of the related paperwork, like proof of insurance cards, without having to wait for days.
Flexibility of choices
When you buy an insurance policy online, it is very convenient to make changes in the way you pay the premiums. It is also possible to update the coverage of your policy through the website. Additionally, you can file claims and track progress, at the click of a button.
Reviews and recommendations
Reviews of insurance providers and customer experiences can be found online. This is very useful in getting an idea of the insurer’s reputation and how well they react when an incident occurs. If you pick a reliable insurer online, you can be assured of quality coverage for your vehicle.
Competition in the market
Insurance companies are competing against each other to deliver optimum insurance policies to suit varying needs. The competition has given rise to policies with lower pricing, hence making this form of insurance purchase highly sought-after.
The anxiety over the need for guidance while selecting a car insurance policy has tipped the scales against internet purchase of the same. Usually customers are confused as to whether they need a comprehensive cover or if a liability insurance would suffice. They also have queries on policy deductibles and other benefits that they prefer getting clarified through an insurance agent.
However, insurance providers who have an online presence also have advisors who assist customers in the entire process of insurance purchase. All queries can be clarified before the customer buys the policy. Customers can also renew insurance policies with minimal offline handling.
Savings on Premium
It is possible to get car insurance quotes from different insurers online, and compare prices. The comparison enables the customer to identify the policy with the lowest premium (if that is what he is looking for), and bag a good deal in the long run.
The benefits of online quote comparison are many. This is the most convenient way to get your car insured, availing the best rates in the process. It is highly advisable to utilise these readily-available smart tools and make the process of insurance purchase an easy task.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017