In India, motor vehicle insurance is mandatory as per the law. Having an active insurance for vehicles plying on the road as protection against accidents and mishaps is a must. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, the base insurance cover should consist of protection against liabilities arising out of injury/damage to a third party person/property.
For passenger cars, the Auto Insurance cover is valid for an year from the time of activation. It has to be renewed through available channels before expiry to ensure continuity. For some of us, renewal means additional financial burden since the premium amount is slightly on the expensive side. On the contrary, there are quite a few hacks that will help you save money at the time of renewal. Let's explore the most prominent ones and tell you how you can save hundreds or perhaps a few thousand rupees.
Don’t Claim for Minor Damages
Try to pay for minor damages yourself if your personal budget permits. Claiming minor damages such as a broken tail lamp or small dent can rob you of the NCB (No Claim Bonus), a discount offered to the insured member by the insurance company for not making any claims during the previous policy year. This discount is applied when you make a renewal payment and can be quite a pleasing amount. Therefore, you may want to let go smaller claims for a bigger monetary benefit at the time of renewal.
Transfer Insurance to the New Car
If you didn't know, an active Auto Insurance can be be transferred to a new car if you’re planning to do away with the old one. By doing so, you not only save money on future renewals, but also get to carry existing benefits such as NCB and others to the new car. Further details on this front can be obtained from the insurance company.
Install Anti-Theft Gadgets
Most of the insurance companies offer a discount on the premium payable if you install anti-theft devices in your car. It reduces the “risk” factor for the insurer and therefore, they are willing to pass on the benefits to the insured member. Make sure to read or inquire about this clause before the renewal to take advantage. Installing the latest gadgets in this regard also helps to keep your car secure.
Compare Policies Online
The easiest way to save money on premium payments is achieved by comparing Auto Insurance policies online. As a well informed customer, you can either use multiple resources to compare the prices and features or simply use the resources available on comparison websites such as BankBazaar.com to check the features. This way, you not only get to consider switching over for cost benefits, but also get customized deals.
This is our list of the choicest ways you can . Do remember to initiate the renewal just before policy expiry to ensure continuity in cover and also to save on additional charges such as inspection.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017