With the winter chill approaching, and the days getting shorter your car is exposed to various extreme climatic conditions like ice, snow, fog, rain, hail storms, etc. It is crucial to protect your car against these conditions to extend its longevity. Also, imagine getting stuck on a dark road, with a broken down car on a cold winter night. Besides being extremely stressful, it is also a dangerous situation to be in.
As the famous proverb goes, a stitch in time saves nine, you should also make sure that you take extra care of our car, especially during winters. We have compiled some winter ready tips for your car. Read on to know more.
Get a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy: The first and foremost step is to , which comes with an all-encompassing breakdown cover. This will ensure you don’t end up being stranded on the roadside. You can refer to any neutral third party financial website and choose the best car insurance policy to suit your needs. Do make sure that the insurer provides a towing facility/roadside repair facility in case of any emergency or sudden breakdown of your car. This will speed up the recovery process and relieve you off unnecessary stress.
- Importance to Review Your Car Insurance Policy: Adverse weather conditions can wreak havoc on our cars, and consequently on our driving. Be it cold winds, heavy rainfall, snowfall, floods, etc. For this reason it is of utmost importance to review your car insurance policy before winter approaches, and renew your policy if it is about to expire anytime soon, or even during the middle of winters.
- Get it Serviced Before the Colder Months: Besides ensuring that your vehicle is serviced regularly, it is highly recommended to get it serviced before the colder months set in. You must also keep frequent checks on the oil level, anti-freeze, hazard lights and tyres for tread depth and pressure. Make sure that the spare tyres are in a good condition, as well.
- Check & Clean Your Car Lights Regularly: Remember that car lights are as good as its armour. Just like properly working car lights can rescue your car out of a bad situation, a car without working lights can put you into deep trouble. Owing to this, you must check your and clean your car lights regularly.
- Car Must Be Furnished with All the Essentials: Your car must be furnished with all the essentials that can come in handy during a breakdown. Keep a set of fully functional utilities like a torch, reflective triangle sign, high-visibility jacket, shovel, first aid kit, and wipe-dry sponge, gear-box, lubricant, mobilising oil, etc.
Avoid taking your car out during poor or extreme weather conditions.
Make sure that you are an extremely careful driver during winters. Keep extra stopping distance from the vehicle in front. Also, if you are driving during the night, look out for pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
- Use the Brakes Carefully: In cold or icy conditions, don't accelerate, brake or take sharp corners, all of a sudden.
It is wise and important to store/wear essential winter clothing and gear in your car. This will definitely come in handy in the event of your car breakdown, if you have to leave your vehicle.
- Keep your Phone Adequately Charged: Stock up food, snacks, water, flasks with hot tea/coffee/milk in your car, and keep your phone adequately charged to rescue you in case you are stranded in the middle of nowhere for a long time.
- Best Tips to Save Money on Car Insurance Renewal
- Smart Steps For Switching Car Insurance
- Best Reasons To Buy Car Insurance Online
- Car Insurance Tips - When Not to Claim Your Insurance Policy
- Top Reasons Why Car Insurance Claims Are Denied
- Simple Ways To Help You Save On Motor Insurance Premium
- Useful Add On Covers To Save Your Car In Monsoon
- Must Have Car Insurance Add-On Covers for Luxury Cars
- Best Kept Secrets of Car Insurance
- Insurance for Car Damaged Due to Natural Disaster
- Insurance for SUV Cars
- Factors Affecting Car Insurance Premium in India
- Car Stolen? You Deserve Insurance As Much As Anyone
- Top Seven Car Checklist before Long Drive
- How to Claim for Accidents Occurred in the Middle of Vehicle Ownership Change
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017