With the winter chill approaching, and the days getting shorter your car is exposed to various extreme climatic conditions like ice, snow, fog, rain, hail storms, etc. It is crucial to protect your car against these conditions to extend its longevity. Also, imagine getting stuck on a dark road, with a broken down car on a cold winter night. Besides being extremely stressful, it is also a dangerous situation to be in.
As the famous proverb goes, a stitch in time saves nine, you should also make sure that you take extra care of our car, especially during winters. We have compiled some winter ready tips for your car. Read on to know more.
Get a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy: The first and foremost step is to , which comes with an all-encompassing breakdown cover. This will ensure you don’t end up being stranded on the roadside. You can refer to any neutral third party financial website and choose the best car insurance policy to suit your needs. Do make sure that the insurer provides a towing facility/roadside repair facility in case of any emergency or sudden breakdown of your car. This will speed up the recovery process and relieve you off unnecessary stress.
Importance to Review Your Car Insurance Policy: Adverse weather conditions can wreak havoc on our cars, and consequently on our driving. Be it cold winds, heavy rainfall, snowfall, floods, etc. For this reason it is of utmost importance to review your before winter approaches, and renew your policy if it is about to expire anytime soon, or even during the middle of winters.
Get it Serviced Before the Colder Months: Besides ensuring that your vehicle is serviced regularly, it is highly recommended to get it serviced before the colder months set in. You must also keep frequent checks on the oil level, anti-freeze, hazard lights and tyres for tread depth and pressure. Make sure that the spare tyres are in a good condition, as well.
Check & Clean Your Car Lights Regularly: Remember that car lights are as good as its armour. Just like properly working car lights can rescue your car out of a bad situation, a car without working lights can put you into deep trouble. Owing to this, you must check your and clean your car lights regularly.
Car Must Be Furnished with All the Essentials: Your car must be furnished with all the essentials that can come in handy during a breakdown. Keep a set of fully functional utilities like a torch, reflective triangle sign, high-visibility jacket, shovel, first aid kit, and wipe-dry sponge, gear-box, lubricant, mobilising oil, etc.
Avoid taking your car out during poor or extreme weather conditions.
Make sure that you are an extremely careful driver during winters. Keep extra stopping distance from the vehicle in front. Also, if you are driving during the night, look out for pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
Use the Brakes Carefully: In cold or icy conditions, don't accelerate, brake or take sharp corners, all of a sudden.
It is wise and important to store/wear essential winter clothing and gear in your car. This will definitely come in handy in the event of your car breakdown, if you have to leave your vehicle.
Keep your Phone Adequately Charged: Stock up food, snacks, water, flasks with hot tea/coffee/milk in your car, and keep your phone adequately charged to rescue you in case you are stranded in the middle of nowhere for a long time.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017