A plea from a tourism company has been rejected by a consumer forum on the basis of furnishing a fake driving license. The company was looking for directions from the forum regarding payment of car insurance from an insurer for one of its cars that had been damaged in an accident in 2010. Mr. M C Mehra from the South Delhi Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum had passed the required order on the plea that was filed by the tourism agency. The car insurance amount that was to be paid was Rs 90,017, based on the sum the car was insured for.
The forum found that the driving license held by the driver was not genuine and had no records. This was determined as a violation of the terms and conditions of the car insurance policy. The forum also discovered that there was no drinking license issued by the authority office, in the name of Narayan Haldar, the person driving the car at the time of the accident. The damaged car was insured with insurer from June 30, 2010 to June 29, 2011 and at a depreciated value of Rs 4, 19,574.
The insured vehicle had an accident on November 24, 2010, as per the tourism firm.
After the accident, the tourism firm filed for insurance claims, which was not given for the insurance company.
Solution/ Alternative Course of Action
As per the plea, tourism firm had asked for a compensation of Rs. 80,000 along with the cost of litigation which came up to Rs. 20,000. The consumer forum rejected the plea saying that driving license of the person driving the car at the time when the accident happened was fake and so the insurance amount was not paid.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017