According to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, any four-wheeler vehicle that is driven on Indian roads should be insured. A car insurance policy acts like a safety net for your car. This basically means that any expenses that you incur if you meet with an accident or if your car is stolen are covered by your car insurance policy. Generally, automobile dealers will offer insurance covers when you pick up your new vehicle. But, there are times when you will find a better car insurance package at an insurance agency or online.
Physically running from one insurance company to another can be quite stressful and tiring. In this age where most of us purchase a number of different products online, insurance agencies have now begun to offer car insurance policies online. This proves to be quite beneficial for insurance companies as this move allows the agencies to reach out to a larger group of people to sell their products to. We also end up saving a lot of our valuable time as we do not end up spending a lot of time stuck in traffic or queues at banks.
Let us take a look at some of the benefits of picking up a car insurance policy online:
- No payments to broker: As you are procuring your car insurance online, you do not have to pay any broker charges as there is no broker involved in the purchase of the policy. This is one of the best advantages for people looking to pick up a good car insurance policy and save money at the same time. Therefore, dealing with the insurance agency directly will help save money that would have gone towards unnecessary costs.
- Time saving: One of the major benefits of picking up a car insurance online is the use of the internet to do so. This means that you can get all the information that you will require and pick up the best suited policy for you which meets your every need and requirement. You can also visit an insurance portal like bankbazaar.com which provides a vast ocean of information related to different car insurance policies offered by various insurance agencies. You can also renew your policy online without running to an insurance company to do so. A lot of time gets saved on travel and talking to an agent about the right policy that you desire.
- Compare and manage: There is a large variety of different car insurance policies that are offered to people with cars. Now, with this plethora of information that has been made readily available on the internet, it is wise to compare different insurance policies before purchasing a car insurance policy. An individual does not have to visit every insurance agency and find out about the car insurance policies that they offer. Instead, an individual would only have to go online and visit the official website of an insurance agency.
- Exciting deals and offers: Car insurance agencies tend to offer attractive offers and riders along with their products to draw a larger customer base online. You can also research and find the best suited insurance plan that meets all your requirements. Insurance portals that have tied up with car insurance companies also offer attractive offers and deals online.
- One minute policy: After you have chosen a policy and you have completed filling and submit all documents that have been asked for, the policy documents will reach your email within a minute. You can take a print out of the policy to keep a physical copy with you. Physical copies of the policy will also be mailed to your registered address.
There are a lot of people who are sceptical about picking up a car insurance policy online. You need not worry. There are a lot of security features that have been implemented in insurance websites and insurance portals partner with well-known insurance companies only. So in this way, you are not taken for a ride.
Car insurance is a safety tool that everyone should have for their vehicle. We can offset large amounts of money and can also save on expenses that would have gone towards repairs, replacements, etc. Picking up a car insurance policy online is safe, saves time, and is convenient. You don’t need anymore reasons to not pick up an insurance policy online.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017