The car you own is an indication of your style preference, taste and personality. If you feel that your car is getting outdated, you can always install add-ons without too much effort. In case you are an online shopping addict, you would have noticed that there are quite a number of car accessories available on the net that can spruce up your vehicle. If tastefully curated, these can renovate the look and feel of your car in multiple ways.
Here we have consolidated a list of the most trending car accessories that you can purchase for your vehicle.
Having a universal charger is useful when you have to revive your devices back to life on a long journey. There is a wide variety of chargers available online, based on your preference and budget. They are equipped with multiple ports and provide high power output.
Towing Rope and Cable
The towing rope and cable emergency kit is very useful when your car is stuck in slushy terrains or if it needs towing. The cables are strong enough to support high tension, and these can also be stored easily in the car.
Portable Vacuum Cleaner
Crumbs of food and other wastes can create unpleasant odours and stimulate bacterial growth in the interiors of the car. A portable vacuum cleaner is useful in this regard, and you can pick from models that are cordless or ones with long hoses that reach every nook and corner of the vehicle. The equipments also have differing suction powers based on their motor and design.
However, it is important to keep in mind that the design and size of the car greatly influences the cleanliness that a certain model of the accessory can provide. Hence, you have to make a choice based on the type of car you own.
Safety Guard Protectors for the Car Bumper
If your car is involved in a major accident, you can always claim for insurance and make up for the loss. The best way to benefit from this is by purchasing a comprehensive car insurance policy. But if you claim for minor scratches or dents that your vehicle suffers on the roads, then you will lose your NCB.
It is wise to restrict yourself from doing so, as an accumulated NCB effectively lowers your premium in the subsequent years of policy renewal. You can easily protect your car bumpers from damage by installing safety guard protectors.
Car Floor Mats
During the monsoons or at any other time of the year, when you are carrying a lot of passengers, it is often seen that the car floor gets very dirty. Car floor mats are very useful in preventing damage to the floor of the car. The most modern car mats are made of fine quality rubber and can prevent dirt and water from penetrating down to the base of the car. These can also be installed easily and cleaned without much effort.
Models with tractions and anti-skid surfaces are available online, at much cheaper rates than at stores. At online websites, there is also a vast range to choose from.
Car Neck Pillow
Some drivers experience neck pains during long drives and after spending hours in a traffic jam. The car neck pillow is a useful accessory that ensures the comfort of the driver in such situations.
Tubeless Tyre Repair Kit and Electric Air Pump Compressor for Tyre
Apart from reducing mileage, irregular tyre pressure is detrimental to the car’s components. The pump compressor inflates tyres in minutes and the tyre repair kit helps in mending tyres in the unforeseen case of a puncture.
Battery Booster Starter and Jumper Cable
The battery of your car could drain out easily via simple means like inadvertantly leaving the interior lights on for a long duration. In such situations, the jumper cable and battery booster pack will be immensely useful.
Hydraulic Car Jack
This is an essential accessory to lift the car when the tyres are being changed in case of a puncture. The hydraulic jack uses the force from pressure to move the car upwards. The jack should not be directly placed on asphalt, as it could move down into the ground and detach the locking mechanism.
In the event of an emergency fire, you can utilise the fire extinguisher to save your life. Prices for these vary based on the size and volume of the can.
Also Read: How Car Insurance Works in India
Insurance for car accessories
Car accessories not only enhance the look of the car, they also improve the overall comfort of the passengers and the ease of maintenance of the vehicle. However, if you reside in an area where burglaries are common, it is advisable to opt for an add-on cover to protect your car accessories. The ‘Loss of Accessories’ add-on cover can be easily included in . You can make this addition, either online or by calling up your insurance provider. This inclusion is also ideal for people living in areas that are prone to natural disasters.
Car accessories are usually divided into two categories, i.e., electrical and non-electrical. It should be noted that all accessories are not covered under the above-mentioned add-on insurance cover. Moreover, the coverage also varies between insurers. You need to identify the coverage that your insurer provides and update your policy accordingly.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017