Maruti WagonR is one of the highest-selling cars from the house of Maruti Suzuki. This popular hatchback is known for its stylish design, strong performance, and technologically-advanced features. When it comes to a spacious and luxurious hatchback for families offering high levels of safety and comfort, Maruti Suzuki WagonR is a name to be considered.
Key Features of Maruti Suzuki WagonR:
- Maruti WagonR Exteriors
The stylish exteriors of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR make it look extremely appealing. The beautiful front reflector grille, stylish tailgate, body-coloured bumpers, gunmetal grey-coloured alloy wheels, and chrome backdoor badging are the highlights of this car. On its exteriors, it also features the following:
- Bold tall body design with the tallest cabin in class
- Stylish outside door handles and full wheel covers
- Sporty side skirt
- Wide opening doors
- Projector headlamps
- Fender side indicators
- Trendy rear spoiler
- Seven beautiful colour options namely:
- Superior White
- Bakers Chocolate
- Breeze Blue
- Silky Silver
- Passion Red
- Glistening Grey
- Midnight Blue
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Interiors
The interiors of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR are ergonomically designed to provide more comfort. Its piano-finished instrument panel, dual-toned seat fabric, lush upholstery with 3D effect, accentuated steering wheel, and inside door handles perfectly complement the dual-toned interiors to create a classy look. Additionally, the car has:
- Auto gear shift facility for seamless switch between driving modes
- Eagle Wings Audio System including digital clock and integrated USB
- Dual airbags
- Rear cabin lamps
- Luggage parcel tray
- Spacious boot space
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Safety Features
Among the safety features, it includes Front fog lamp, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and an energy-absorbing body structure with side impact beams. Apart from the above-mentioned features, it has some additional safety features which include:
- Front wiper, rear wiper, defogger, and washer
- Computerised anti-theft system (i-CATS)
- Driver seat belt warning lamp
- Child-proof rear door lock
- Security alarm system
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Technical Specifications
Maruti Suzuki WagonR has a number of advanced specifications which make it the best buy. The vital technical specifications of the car are given below in a tabular form:
|Type||LXi/LXi CNG||VXi/VXi AGS||VXi+/VXi+ AGS|
|Engine||All aluminium light-weight K10B|
|Number of cylinders, valves in each cylinder||3, 4|
|Swept volume||998 cc|
|Transmission||MT||VXi - MT VXi AGS - Auto gear shift with manual and automatic mode||VXi+ - MT VXi+ AGS - Auto gear shift with manual and automatic mode|
|Maximum power||50 Kw at 6,200 rpm (Petrol) 43.5 Kw at 6,200 rpm (CNG)||VXi - 50 Kw at 6,200 rpm VXi AGS - 50 Kw at 6,000 rpm||VXi+ - 50 Kw at 6,200 rpm VXi+ AGS - 50 Kw at 6,000 rpm|
|Peak torque||90 Nm at 3,500 rpm (Petrol) 77 Nm at 3,500 rpm (CNG)||90 Nm at 3,500 rpm|
|Fuel tank capacity||Petrol - 35 l CNG - 60 l||35 l|
|Ground clearance||165 mm|
|Emission||BS IV and OBD-II|
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Price List (Ex-showroom Delhi):
The price of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR varies for each city in India. Here is the list of the prices of the variants of the car in its ex-showroom in Delhi:
|WAGONR LXI (O)||Rs.4,51,413.00||Rs.4,47,688.00|
|WAGONR LXI CNG||Rs.4,72,754.00||Rs.4,69,029.00|
|WAGONR VXI (O)||Rs.4,77,473.00||Rs.4,73,748.00|
|WAGONR LXI CNG (O)||Rs.4,91,738.00||Rs.4,88,014.00|
|WAGONR VXI AMT||Rs.4,91,787.00||Rs.4,88,062.00|
|WAGONR VXI+ (O)||Rs.4,92,401.00||Rs.4,88,676.00|
|WAGONR VXI+ AMT||Rs.5,20,313.00||Rs.5,16,589.00|
|WAGONR VXI AMT (O)||Rs.5,24,434.00||Rs.5,20,709.00|
|WAGONR VXI+ AMT (O)||Rs.5,39,363.00||Rs.5,35,638.00|
Maruti Suzuki WagonR Car Insurance Price:
To understand how much it will cost you to insure your Maruti Suzuki WagonR in India, you need to consider the following factors:
- Coverage: Every car insurance policy in India is mandated to have a third-party insurance coverage. Moreover, if you want a comprehensive coverage, the cost will increase or decrease with the extent of coverage that you want. Furthermore, you will have the facility of extending your coverage at the cost of a higher premium. Hence based on the type of coverage offered by your insurance policy, the cost of your insurance will vary.
- Car Model: The insurance premium is also dependent on the make and model of the car that you choose to purchase. The premiums of third-party motor insurance consist of a fixed value which is based on the engine displacement of the car. Since Maruti Suzuki WagonR has an engine capacity of 998 cc which comes under the less than 1,000 cc range, as per the IRDAI rates the third-party insurance for 3 years will cost Rs.5,286.
- Safety devices: While offering a car insurance policy the insurance companies consider the associated risk factors seriously. Hence, if you are buying a car which has advanced safety features like ABS, EBD, anti-theft device, high-speed warning device, etc., the companies will consider you to be a safe and reliable customer. As the chances of damages and accidents are relatively less in such cases the cost of the premium will also be lower.
- Driving history: The cost of the insurance also depends on the driving history of the driver. If no claims are made by the policyholder within a certain period of policy purchase then he/she is eligible to avail the No-Claim Bonus at the time of policy renewal. If insurance claims are not made for the insured vehicle it indicates that the driver has a good driving behaviour and based on that the premium of the insurance can be lowered through No-Claim Bonus.
- Dedicated customers: In case you are a long-term customer of a particular motor insurance company or you have purchased multiple policies from a specific insurer then there is a possibility that you might get the Customer Loyalty Bonus. This bonus will help you to get loyalty discounts on the premium of your insurance at the time of renewal.
- Registration area: The area of registration also plays a significant role in deciding the cost of the insurance policy. If you are registering your vehicle in an area where the reports of thefts and robberies are more, then the companies will consider you to be a risky case and will offer you insurance at high premiums.
How to Buy a Car Insurance Policy for Maruti Suzuki WagonR?:
You can either buy a car insurance policy for your Maruti Suzuki WagonR directly from the insurer or you can visit other third-party websites to buy a car insurance policy through them. Here is how you can purchase a policy for your car:
- Buying through an insurance company: If you want to buy the policy directly from the insurance company you can do it in two ways. You can either visit the nearest branch office of the company and purchase the required policy or you can buy it online by visiting the official website of the insurer. The process of online purchase being easy and fast, is more popular.
- Buying through a third-party website: Alternatively, you can buy the policy for your Maruti Suzuki WagonR through a trusted third-party website. You can compare the details and premium amounts of the top insurers at one place. Moreover, since there is no paperwork, the insurance can be purchased instantly. Hence, this will save your time as well as money.