This non-participating endowment plan from DHFL is an online policy which offers death benefits along with accrued annual guaranteed additions. It is a basic policy for those of you looking to sign up online, in a hassle free manner. The policyholder can also claim deductions in income as the premium paid comes with tax benefits.
Eligibility Conditions for DHFL Pramerica e Save
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||
|Minimum maturity age||N.A|
|Maximum maturity age||65 years|
Key Features of DHFL Pramerica e Save
|Plan type||Non-participating endowment insurance plan|
|Premium payment term options||Regular pay|
|Policy term||10, 15 or 20 years|
|Maturity benefits||Based sum assured with accrued annual guaranteed additions|
|Premium payment frequency||Monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly|
|Free-look period||30 days|
|Grace period||30 days for premium payments through all modes|
|Policy revival||Policy revival is allowed within the first 2 years of the policy term from the date of first unpaid premium.|
|Nomination||Nomination option is available under this policy|
|Base sum assured||As per the entry age, policy term and annualized premium paid|
|Policy coverage||Death and Maturity benefits|
Benefits/Advantages of DHFL Pramerica e Save
- Death benefit
In case of demise of the insured member, a death benefit along with accrued annual guaranteed additions will be payable to the nominee. The assured death benefit will be higher than 10 times the annual premium or base sum assured if the insured age at entry is less than 45 years. If the entry age of is more than 45 years, the death benefit payable is higher than 7 times the annual premium paid or the base sum assured.
- Benefit upon maturity
If the insured member survives the policy term of this DHFL Pramerica Life, he/she will get the base sum assured along with accrued annual guaranteed additions. The table below throws further light on the guaranteed rates on the basis of the premium amount paid.
Premium amount range Accrued annual guaranteed additions rate Up to Rs.24,999 7 percent Rs.25,000 to Rs.39,999 8 percent Rs.40,000 to Rs.74,999 9 percent Rs.75,000 and above 10 percent
- Policy can be used to avail loan
The policyholder can use this endowment policy to avail various retail loans offered by the company. It acts as a monetary security to secure the loan amount. One can be eligible for a loan of up to 80% of the surrender value once the policy acquires such a value.
- Tax benefits
You can claim deductions on the premium paid under prevailing sections of the Income Tax Act.
- Option to surrender the policy
DHFL allows the policyholder to surrender the policy anytime during the term after payment of premium for at least two consecutive policy years. Upon surrender, an amount equivalent or higher to GSV (Guaranteed Surrender Value) and SSV (Special Surrender Value) will be handed out to the insured member.
How the DHFL Pramerica e Save Works
- This policy can be purchased online, on DHFL’s official portal under the relevant section. At the time of signing up, you will be required invest a minimum premium of Rs.20,000.
- You can choose the term of the policy from the available terms of 10, 15 or 20 years. The premium payment term is equivalent to the policy term.
- Until the completion of the policy term, annual guaranteed additions will accrue from the end of first policy year.
- In case of death of the policyholder, a lump sum death benefit along with annual guaranteed additions is payable.
- If the insured member survives the policy term, the base sum assured with guaranteed accruals will be paid out.