The Mahindra KUV100 NXT is the facelifted version of it’s not-so-old predecessor, the Mahindra KUV100. Mahindra & Mahindra came up with the facelifted KUV100 NXT towards the end of 2017 to make their way to the segment market again, putting up a fight against the new Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the facelifted Hyundai Grand i10.
Features of Mahindra KUV100 NXT:
Exteriors Though the car follows the basic KUV100 blueprint, there are certain cosmetic changes implemented in the exterior which makes it more appealing now. The new front grille, toughened front and rear bumpers, muscular body lines, new flared wheel arches with door and sill cladding, and bigger diamond-cut alloys club together to enhance the KUV100 NXT’s aggressive SUV design and stance. In addition to these the NXT also gets-
- New fog lamps with Bezel Surround
- The iconic sunglass-inspired headlamp cluster now comes with new dual chamber setup with LED DRLs
- New power-foldable ORVMs with embedded turn indicators
- New integrated spoiler with aero corners
- New double barreled clear lens tail lamps
- Muscular front and rear bumpers with silver skid plates
- New sporty 185/60 R15, diamond-cut two-tone alloy wheels
- New colour schemes with six single-tone and two double-tone colour options, namely:
- Fiery Orange
- Flamboyant Red
- Dazzling Silver
- Pearl White
- Designer Grey
- Midnight Black
- Flamboyant Red and Metallic Black (dual tone)
- Dazzling Silver and Metallic Black (dual tone)
Interiors The interior has also received a thorough facelift to match the external features and provide more convenience and comfort while you are inside the car. The new KUV100 NXT sports piano-black inserts with silver accent on the dash that compliments the high-quality sporty black fabric upholstery. The car comes packed with the following:
- A state-of-the-art 17.8 cm touchscreen infotainment system with GPS navigation.
- Advanced Driver Information System which keeps the driver updated about the vehicle’s status like distance-to-empty, average fuel consumption, etc.
- Intellipark, which helps you park the vehicle with ease.
- Steering mounted music and phone controls.
- Flexi 6-seater with front and rear armrest with cup-holders
- Four speakers and 2 tweeters
- Mood lighting
- Puddle lamps
Apart from the above mentioned features, the KUV100 NXT also comes with reverse camera, Intellipark, Follow-me-home and Lead-me-to-vehicle headlamp features. It allows Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity along with USB audio, video, and image playback. In addition to these, the KUV100 NXT also comes with the following features for the driver’s convenience:
- Electric power steering with tilt function
- Twin pod cluster with gear shift indicator
- New electronic temperature control panel
- Joystick gear lever
- Adjustable driver seat height
- Remote keyless entry with in-remote opening tailgate
Engine specifications of Mahindra KUV100 NXT:
The KUV100 NXT comes in two main variants:
- Petrol variant
- Diesel variant
Both the petrol and diesel variants are available in five sub-variants, namely: K2, K2+, K4+, K6+, and K8.
Both the variants are powered by mFALCON engines. The mFALCON is more refined now which makes it quieter and offers enhanced driving experience. The in-cabin noise is minimum. The KUV100 NXT also has high angles of approach and departure along with a long travel suspension, which makes it easier for the vehicle to maneuver on inclines and bad roads.
mFALCON engine and transmission specifications:
All the sub-variants of Mahindra KUV100 NXT share the same engine and transmission specifications.
|mFALCON G80 Petrol Engine||mFALCON D75 Diesel Engine|
The mFALCON D75 Diesel engine comes with a Power Mode and ECO Mode for sporty performance and better fuel efficiency respectively.
Safety features on the Mahindra KUV100 NXT:
The KUV100 NXT is heavily packed with safety features. The SUV is built around a robust monocoque construction for superior ride handling and enhanced safety. The car also comes with dual airbags and ABS system as standard. The additional safety features are as follows:
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) comes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) technology.
- ISOFIX mounts on the rear seat for child seat and child safety locks on the rear doors.
- Automatic hazard lights on panic braking.
- Security alarm and engine immobilizer.
- Automatic speed-sensing door locks.
* The above mentioned features and specifications are present in the top-end model of the car; the lower variants might not be equipped with all of them.
Mahindra KUV100 NXT Price List:
The ex-showroom price of the Mahindra KUV100 NXT in some of the major cities in India are listed below. The price range is based on the sub-variants of the vehicle.
|City||Petrol variants||Diesel variants|
|Delhi||Rs.4,51,154 - Rs.6,63,317||Rs.5,52,171 - Rs.7,55,819|
|Mumbai||Rs.4,51,154 - Rs.6,59,953||Rs.5,52,171 - Rs.7,53,362|
|Hyderabad||Rs.4,54,654 - Rs.6,63,453||Rs.5,55,725 - Rs.7,56,916|
|Chennai||Rs.4,55,261 - Rs.6,64,060||Rs.5,56,341 - Rs.7,57,532|
|Bangalore||Rs.4,53,808 - Rs.6,62,607||Rs.5,54,865 - Rs.7,56,056|
|Kolkata||Rs.4,70,095 - Rs.6,78,894||Rs.5,70,095 - Rs.7,71,286|
Mahindra KUV100 NXT Car Insurance Price:
The following factors are to be considered to ascertain the cost of insuring your Mahindra KUV100 NXT:
- Coverage of the insurance policy: In India, it is compulsory to have at least a third-party insurance coverage for your vehicle. Although you can choose from a third-party coverage and a comprehensive coverage, to determine the extent of coverage you want for your KUV100 NXT car. In addition to that, you can make a choice of enhancing your car insurance coverage, in case you choose a comprehensive coverage, by purchasing add-on plans from the insurance provider. The final premium amount will be based on the type of coverage you choose.
- Model and Make of the vehicle: The insurance premium amount also depends on the make and model of the car. Third-party motor insurance premiums, partly consist of a fixed value that is dependent on the displacement of the vehicle’s engine. The Mahindra KUV100 NXT has an engine capacity of 1,198 cc which falls under the 1,000 cc to 1,500 cc range. As per the standard rates published by the IRDA for the financial year 2017-18, the third-party liability for this range is Rs.2,863. This amount might be revised for financial year 2018-19. Own-damage cover is also dependent on the model and make of the vehicles.
- Deductibles: While buying a car insurance plan, you can opt for a voluntary deductible. That would mean that you would be bearing a part of the claim amount, in case your vehicle suffers damages after being involved in an accident. The insurance company will be liable to pay off only the remaining claim amount. But opting for a voluntary deductible helps you to save money on your premium payment.
- Safety equipments: Insurance companies consider the risk factors while approving an insurance policy. Thus, if your car is fitted with safety equipments like anti-theft device, ABS, EBD, etc., it is considered to be safer. Since, the risk of physical damage or total loss will be less for the vehicle, the insurance premium will be lower.
- Driver’s driving history: The insurance premium can be lowered at the time of renewal by availing the No Claim Bonus. The No Claim Bonus is received in case no claims are made for the insured vehicle in the preceding policy period. If claims are not raised it basically indicates to the fact that the driver has a good driving record.
- Customer loyalty: If you are registered with a specific car insurance company for a long period of time or you have multiple insurance policies with the same insurer, you might be eligible for Customer Loyalty bonus. The Customer Loyalty Bonus will allow loyalty discounts on the premium amount at the time of renewal.
- Area of registration: The insurance premium is likely to be higher if it is registered in an area which is prone to theft or accidents.
How To Buy An Insurance Policy For Your Mahindra KUV100 NXT:
As mandated by the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, buying a vehicle insurance (at least a third-party liability cover) is compulsory in India. There are two methods which you can consider while buying an insurance policy for your Mahindra KUV100 NXT car. Once you decide the coverage you want for your car, you can visit the office of an insurance company and buy a policy according to your need. Otherwise, you can also visit a third-party website and buy a policy through them.
- Visit a branch office of an insurance company: You can straightaway get in touch with the insurer at the nearest branch office of the company and buy a policy that suits your needs. You can make a choice between a third-party liability cover and a comprehensive cover policy. In case you buy a comprehensive cover for your car, you can also ask for other available rider plans that might increase the coverage.
- Visit a third-party website and buy a policy online: You can also consider buying a policy for your Mahindra KUV100 NXT from a third-party website. It is a hassle-free process and helps you by providing additional options from all the registered insurance companies. The wide range of options will help you ascertain your insurance coverage needs and at the same time help you compare the premium amounts and coverage areas provided by the different plans. Searching for and buying an insurance policy from a third-party website will save your time and money. The entire process is convenient as it does not require any paperwork or waiting period. The insurance can be bought (or renewed) immediately.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017