If your existing health insurance plan does not have a high enough amount as sum insured, it will not be enough to meet the expenses that you’ll incur due to illness or accidents. This is where the Extra Care health insurance policy comes into force and takes care of additional hospitalization expenses.
Features & Benefits - Bajaj Allianz Extra Care:
- 18 to 70 years of age for proposer.
- Children from 3 months to 5 years can be covered if both parents are insured with Bajaj Allianz.
- Children from 6 years to 18 years can be covered if either parent is insured with Bajaj Allianz.
- Children from 18 to 25 years can be covered as self-proposers or as dependents.
- Annual policy with lifetime renewability.
- 30 days grace period for renewal.
|Features and coverage
- All medical expenses are covered up to the sum insured.
- Ambulance charges covered up to Rs. 3,000.
- Pre-existing diseases are waived off after 4 consecutive years of being covered under this policy.
- Single sum insured for the whole family.
- Floater policy for up to 3 children.
- Continuity for waiting period given for any policy at any sum insured.
- No pre-acceptance medical test up to 55 years of age, subject to a clean proposal.
- Separate policies are issued to dependant parents covered under this policy.
|Value Added Services (VAS)
||This insurance policy gives you discounts at select outlets for:
- Wellness tests.
- Pharmacy discounts.
- Can be taken as an add-on policy with any health insurance policy.
- Premiums starting at Rs. 2,500 with three sum insured options – Rs. 10 lakh, Rs. 12 lakh and Rs. 15 lakh.
- Single sum insured and single premium payment for entire family, as this is a floater policy.
- Policy can be cancelled within 15 days of receiving policy documents if needed.
- No higher premium if claims are present on the previous policy.
- Policyholder can avail deduction of Rs. 15,000 from taxable income for extra care premium for self, dependent spouse and dependent children.
- Additional deduction of Rs. 20,000 under Section 80D if premiums are being paid for dependent parents who are senior citizens.
- All diseases or illnesses that are present for a period of 4 years before applying for this policy.
- All diseases contracted within the first 30 days of policy.
- Congenital diseases and disorders.
- Non-allopathic medicine.
- Joint replacement surgeries undertaken for any reason other than accidents must have a 4 year waiting period.
- Expenses arising out of HIV / AIDS and related STDs.
- Cosmetic and aesthetic treatments.
- Alcohol or drug abuse.
- Fertility, sub-fertility, impotence, assisted conception operations or sterilization procedures.
||Deductible is the amount stated that will be borne by the insured party, with respect to hospitalisation claims within the policy period. The insurance company’s liability is in excess of this amount.
- For Rs. 10 lakh sum insured, deductible is Rs. 3 lakh.
- For Rs. 12 lakh sum insured, deductible is Rs. 4 lakh.
- For Rs. 15 lakh sum insured, deductible is Rs. 5 lakh.
- If the claim amount is more than the deductible, the amount above the deductible amount is payable up to your sum insured.
- All hospitalisations are treated as separate claims except for relapses within 45 days, which are treated as the same claim.
Your base health insurance policy may not be sufficient to cover all medical expenses, in a world that’s growing more expensive and more dangerous every day. A serious illness or accident, in addition to being the last thing you want to face, can also have devastating effects on your finances even if you have a basic health insurance policy. You may run out of your health insurance cover and still have expenses piling up.
Instead of falling into the trap of debt to clear your medical expenses, consider the Bajaj Allianz Extra Care policy – for a low premium, it will provide the boost of funds you need to cover medical expenses and enable you to walk out of the hospital with your head held high.
*Disclaimer: Please chose your policy wisely after careful consideration of all policy documents and literature therein. Diligent examination and scrutiny of terms and conditions, exclusions (if any) and conditions on premium payments is strongly advised. This article is purely informational and is not designed to influence your decision in any way.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: BAJAJ Allianz Health Insurance Network Hospitals
Other Health Insurance Plans from Bajaj Allianz
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.