Tez is a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) enabled digital payment app launched by Google. This interface will allow customers to send and receive money through a bank account at the tap of a button. Once customers register for the Tez service, there is no need to provide bank account details or IFSC code for fund transfers. Customers will only have to provide a virtual address to send and collect money through the UPI payment solution. One of the additional features of this app is the ‘cash mode’ feature, which allows a user to transfer money without having to provide payee details.
This app is specifically designed for the Indian market and is available in different Indian languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, and Hindi.
How does the Tez App Work
The Tez app is built with the support of the UPI, which enables all bank account holders to link their account to this app and make payments or receive money through a virtual identity. This eliminates the need for entering all account details, which is usually the process followed to send funds through net banking.
What the app does is that it identifies the contacts in your phone address book with the Tez app and lets users send and receive money to registered users on a contact list.
How to Download and Install Tez App
To get started with this app, the first step is to download the app. Downloads can be made through Google Play store or through IoS platforms.
Downloading Tez on Android Smartphone
- To download the app on an Android phone go to Google Play Store
- Type Google Tez in the Play Store search box
- Click on the app and click ‘install’
- The app will automatically download on the phone and get installed
Downloading Tez on ioS
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for Google Tez
- Click on the app and tap ‘start’ to begin the installation process
Do remember to download the app that is developed by ‘Google Inc.’ to get the original version
How to Register for Tez App
Step 1: Download the app and launch it
Step 2: As soon as you launch the app, the first step is to key in your registered mobile number
Step 3: The OPT received will be verified automatically
Step 4: Set up login pin or password or lock screen pattern for your Google Tez account and click ‘Continue’
Step 5: Click on ‘add bank account’ and select your bank
Step 6: SMS verification will be carried out for bank account, after which click ‘Proceed’
Step 7: Create UPI pin by providing debit card details
Step 8: Registration is complete!
How to Send Money through Tez
Step 1: Login to the app by entering your UPI pin
Step 2: Go to the home screen and click on the rupee symbol to send money
Step 3: Choose the type of payment you want to make, which is, sending money through account number and IFSC or through UPI ID, QR or Phone
Step 4: Enter the transaction amount and UPI pin to process the transaction
Benefits and Features of Tez app
- No need to store money: One of the main advantages of the Tez app is that users need not add or store money in the app. All you have to do is link your bank account and make a transaction as and when necessary. There is also an option to link more than one bank account on the app.
- UPI-enabled: The Tez payments app works in integration with the UPI interface, which is linked with more than 50 banks in India. Hence, this opens up a wider scope for users, giving them ample opportunity to transact using their bank accounts.
- Cash mode: One of the other unique features of this app is that it allows customers to use the cash mode and make payments without disclosing any sensitive payment information. This type of payments method can be used when both the parties, the payer and the payee, are in close proximity with each other. For example, you pay your taxiwala or autowala with this method.
- Tezshield: One of the added security measures offered by this app is through Tezshield, which works on a 24/7 basis to prevent any kind of data fraud or breach and prevents hacking. Also, all transactions made will be secure because it cannot be processed without the 4 digit Google pin or UPI pin.
- Available on both Android and iPhone platforms: Unlike some of the payment banks and mobile wallets that are restricted only to Android platforms, Tez can be downloaded on both IoS and Android.
- Available in local languages: One of the main advantages of this app is that it is customized to suit Indian needs and hence it is available in most of the Indian languages. This makes it easier even for those who do not speak or read English to use the app without any hassle.
FAQ's on Tez App
- Is there Aadhaar-based verification for Tez app?
- Is Google Tez a payment app like Paytm or Mobikwik?
Google Taz is a payment app but not a mobile wallet such as Paytm or Mobikwik. This app relies on the UPI system to function.
- Do you need a bank account to use Tez?
Yes, it is mandatory to have an active bank account to use Tez.
- Is it necessary to add or load money into the Tez wallet to use it?
No. With Tez, there is no need to add money. One can directly carry out transactions through their linked bank account through the UPI interface.
- How does Tez allow payments?
To make a payment using the Tez app, all you have to do is to link your bank account with the app. The customer can directly pay with the bank account and hence the customer need not worry about topping up or reloading the Tez app.
- Does the app allow Aadhaar-based payments?
No, at present, there is no scope for Aadhaar-based payments through this app.
- Is it possible to link multiple bank accounts with the Tez app?
Yes. Once a bank account is linked it gets its own UPI ID and if you link multiple bank accounts, then each bank account will have a separate UPI ID.
- What is the upper limit on the money that can be sent through this app?
A maximum of Rs.50,000 can be sent per transaction through this app.
- Should the customer have an active Google account to use Tez?
- Should the mobile number used to register with Tez be the same as the one linked to the bank account?
- What can a customer do if the Tez transaction has failed but the money is debited from the bank account of the customer?
In such a case, the money will be recredited automatically within 2 working days.
- What can a customer do if a transaction has failed and the money is not credited back into the customer's account?
In such a case, the customer can raise a dispute on the Tez app and claim a refund by reporting the issue.
- Does Tez levy any fee for transactions?
- Can you delete transaction history from the Tez app?
- What is Google pin and UPI pin? What is the difference between the two?
Google pin is used to lock and unlock the Tez app and the UPI pin is used as a transaction password.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.