Our house is one of the most valuable investments which we make during our lifetime. It is the safe haven to which we retire at the end of the day, amidst the much needed love and care of our family. Like for our loved ones, we would not consider anything other than the best protection, the same goes for our house as well. And with Tata AIG, you shall get nothing but the best.
When it comes to home insurance, it is very important to choose wisely as every little detail can make a world of a difference. Tata AIG, one of the leading home insurance providers in the country, brings you the Home Secure Supreme, a flexible home insurance plan, customizable to fit your needs.
Key features of Home Secure Supreme
- The Home Secure Supreme policy covers you for temporary resettlement expenses, purchase protection, and medical expenses which may be incurred.
- This is a customizable policy which not only allows you the flexibility to choose from a range of cover options but also decide the sum insured as per your needs.
- As a part of this policy, jewelry and valuables may also be offered as an all risk cover.
Benefits of Home Secure Supreme
The Tata AIG Home Secure Supreme policy provides you protection from the following:
- Personal Accident – Policy shall provide cover, up to a specified limit, to your family members in the event of an accident which results in death / permanent total or partial disablement / medical expenses / ambulance charges.
- Medical Expense & Ambulance Charges – Any hospital expenses or ambulance charges incurred due to an accident causing permanent total disablement or death.
- Money – In the event of loss of money withdrawn from an ATM or bank branch on your return, due to a hold-up or robbery.
- Burglary & Purchase Protection – policy insures recently purchased items against loss due to burglary or fire for a period 30 days from the purchase date.
- Expenses for Temporary Re-settlement – In case your house is damaged due to fire and is no longer inhabitable, this policy covers you for expenses (up to a specified limit) in packing and transportation of household goods to another temporary residence.
- Marine – In case of relocation to a different city or another location in the same city, this policy shall cover your household articles from any damage or loss occurring during transit due to an accident or if any article from the insured shipment is undelivered.
- Domestic Appliances – Policy covers your domestic appliances like refrigerators against sudden mechanical / electrical breakdown or any unforeseen risk.
- Audio Visual Appliances – It covers audio and visual equipment against loss / damage by burglary, theft, accidental damage, breakdown, fire or legal liabilities.
- Plate Glass – Any fixed glass plate (like in windows) is protected against any damage or loss resulting in breakage.
- Public Liability – Policy covers you for any litigation expenses / compensation arising from any bodily injury / property damage occurring to any third party, excluding your family members and domestic staff.
- Pedal Cycle – Provides comprehensive cover to your pedal cycle against accidental damages and also covers any third party liability / property damage for an amount up to Rs 10,000.
- Baggage – Covers your accompanying baggage against accidental damage, loss or theft which may occur while travelling anywhere in the world.
- Fire – This policy covers a building, it’s contents, rent for an alternate residence and any additional rent expenses (for a maximum period of 12 months) arising from damage/loss of original premises due to an insured peril. The policy protects you against any loss or damage caused by a variety of natural and man-made perils and disasters.
Following are some of losses/damages which are not covered under the Home Secure Supreme policy.
- Damage due to terrorist activities (unless specifically mentioned in the policy wordings).
- Any losses occurring due to the premises lying unoccupied for a period exceeding 60 continuous days.
- Any intentional damage caused to property; routine wear & tear; effect of atmospheric conditions and any loss or destruction caused due to war activities.
- Underinsurance – In the event of the actual value of the insured property is assessed to be higher than the amount of sum insured (at the time of loss under the Fire Benefit), the claim amount shall also be reduced proportionately.
- Excess: An initial amount of Rs 250 or 1% of sum insured (in case of refrigerators / television sets), whichever is higher, of every claim falling under the benefits of burglary, fire, jewelry & other valuables, baggage and cash in transit. Similarly, Rs 1000 in case of transit of household goods and Rs 100 in case of a pedal cycle.
It is quite stressful having to deal with an unexpected situation. Let not the process of filing for a claim add to your worries. Tata AIG has in place a highly cost-efficient, smooth flowing and time bound process to handle claims. If you wish to register a claim, you may do so via SMS, by calling the Tata AIG 24x7 toll free helpline or even via mail. Also, while filing for a claim, it is helpful to have the following information handy:
- Name of the insured individual
- Their contact number
- Policy Number
- Time and date when the loss has occurred
- Nature of loss
- Location where the loss has occurred
- Contact details of the person present at the location of the loss.