The Sanjeevani Village Health Outreach Programme is implemented by the Government of Assam’s Health and Family Welfare Department. This programme is conducted in tandem with the existing public health infrastructure in areas of rural Assam in order to ensure better identification and treatment of chronic diseases in the state. Approximately 4000 villages and 60 lakh people are covered under this programme. It is conducted with the help of Mobile Health Units (MHUs).
Implementation of Sanjeevani Village Health Outreach Programme
The programme is implemented through 80 MHUs. These MHUs deliver the services to 2 villages on a daily basis. They impact a population of over 3000 on average daily. In a monthly cycle of 24 days, these MHUs visit 48 villages on an average.
Each MHU is managed by a Pilot, Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM), pharmacist, lab technician, and a registration and measurement officer.
Benefits of Sanjeevani Village Health Outreach Programme
- For more effective management of chronic diseases, these MHUs conduct early identification and screening of diseases.
- They also deliver free medicines.
- Referrals and follow-ups are also offered through the mobile healthcare units.
- The beneficiaries are referred to the Public Health Center (PHC) that is nearest to them for confirmation after the screening is done.
- Prescriptions and treatments are carried out at the PHC.
- Round-the-clock ambulance facility
Anyone who is a resident of Assam is eligible for this scheme.
There are no documents required, however, you can take the following documents along:
- BPL ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID or any other identity proof
- Certificate from residents’ authority or other residence proof
How to avail the Sanjeevani Village Health Outreach Programme
These are the different ways in which you can avail the Sanjeevani Village Health Outreach Programme:
- Call the toll-free numbers which are 104 and 108
- Visit the nearest primary healthcare centre
- Visit the website of the National Rural Health Mission for more information on the programme
The following is the address of the Head Office:
Office of the Mission Director,
National Health Mission (NHM),
Assam Saikia Commercial Complex,
Srinagar Path, Christianbasti,
GS Road, Guwahati-781 005