The Arogya Sanjeevani Policy offered by ACKO is a standard health insurance plan meant to secure you and your family from unforeseen medical expenses. The policy comes with standard benefits that is approved by IRDAI and offers financial support for medical emergencies at an affordable premium.
Features of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
The features of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy offered by ACKO are listed below:
- A maximum of Rs.10 lakh can be insured in multiples of Rs.50,000.
- Premiums start at Rs.3,099 per year.
- You can choose an individual plan or a family floater plan.
- For people up to 55 years, the plan can be brought with no medical check-up or history.
- You are eligible for tax exemption and No Claim Bonus (NCB).
- You enjoy lifelong renewability as long as the policy is renewed on time.
- Has a network of more than 6,500 hospitals across the country.
- The policy can be cancelled for free within 15 days of buying it.
Why choose Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
ACKO’s Arogya Sanjeevani policy can be chosen because of certain benefits like:
- Completely paperless process. Be it while buying, renewing or raising claims online, the process does not involve tedious documentation.
- Comes with cashless claims facility at any of the 6,500+ hospitals.
- Get support round the clock.
What is covered in Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
ACKO’s Arogya Sanjeevani policy covers a lot of medical expenses. Read on to know what all is covered under the health insurance plan.
- Hospitalisation expenses due to accidents and illnesses.
- Cost of hospitalisation for Covid-19.
- Pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
- Hospitilisation cost for AYUSH treatment.
- Dental and plastic surgery costs.
- Expenses incurred for oral chemotherapy, robotic surgeries, etc.
- Cost borne for treatments and surgeries which require less hospitalisation for less than 24 hours.
- Treatment cost for cataract surgery.
- Cost incurred for treatment of pre-existing illnesses.
- Room rent, ambulance, ICU/ICCU charges
Is the Arogya Sanjeevani policy, a government-sponsored one?
No, the Arogya Sanjeevani policy is not ‘sponsored’ by the government. People who want Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy, need to purchase it on their own.
What is the tenure of Arogya Sanjeevani policy?
The tenure for the policy is 1 year.
Is there any age limit to buy this policy?
Yes, there is a certain age limit to buy this policy. The age limit for the individual plan is 18 years to 65 years while for children covered under the family floater plan, it is 3 months to 25 years.
Can I claim tax benefits under the health policy?
Yes, you can claim tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Deduction on the premium paid for the insurance of self, spouse, and dependent children can go up to a maximum of Rs. 25,000.
What is the difference between the individual and family floater plan of the policy?
When you purchase a family floater plan, you can cover your entire family under one plan. However, if you buy an individual policy, you need to purchase a separate one for each family member.