The government has now made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with your LPG connection and bank account. This is being done in order to ensure that individuals receive the LPG subsidy amount directly into their bank accounts, thereby reducing chances of fraud and misappropriation of funds.
Once you have submitted the necessary forms to link your Aadhaar card with your LPG connection, you can choose to track the status of your application. As this is a three step process, i.e. linking the Aadhaar card to the LPG connection, linking the LPG connection to the bank account and finally linking the Aadhaar card to the bank account, you may wish to check at which stage of the process your application has reached.
Procedure to Check Aadhaar Linking Status with LPG Connection
Depending on your LPG service provider, the procedure to check the Aadhaar - LPG connection linking status is different. Given below are the processes for each of the three gas companies- Indane, HP Gas and Bharat gas.
Checking Aadhaar Linking Status for Bharat Gas:
- Visit the Bharat Gas website.
- Go to the Check PAHAL Status link on the page.
- Enter your registered mobile number and your Aadhaar number.
- You can also choose to enter the details of your Bharat Gas distributor along with your Consumer number.
- The current status of your Aadhaar card-gas connection linking will be displayed on screen.
Checking Aadhaar Linking Status for HP Gas:
- Visit the HP Gas website and click on the Check PAHAL Status tab on the homepage.
- You will be re-directed to a new page, where you will have to enter your 17 digit LPG number and click ‘Submit’.
- Once you have done so, the current status of your Aadhaar card and LPG connection linking status will be displayed.
Checking Aadhaar Linking Status for Indane Gas:
- Go to the official website of Indane Gas and select the ‘Check PAHAL Status’ tab on the homepage.
- You will be taken to the my indane page, where you will have to select the ‘Check PAHAL Status’ from among the various options presented on the screen.
- There are two options available- the Normal Search and the Quick Search.
- If you have selected the normal search, select your state, district and the distributor from the drop down menus.
- Enter your LPG consumer number as well as the captcha on screen, and click “Proceed”, after which the current status of your LPG - Aadhar card linking.
- If you have selected the Quick Search, just enter the name of your LPG distributor, your Consumer number OR your Aadhaar card number OR your LPG ID, type in the captcha words and click on “Proceed”.
- Your Aadhaar card and Indane LPG connection linking status will be displayed onscreen.
News About How to Check Aadhaar –-LPG Gas Connection
Assam Exempted From Submitting Aadhaar for LPG
Earlier, LPG consumers were given subsidy if they submitted just their bank account details. But now, consumers are required to provide their Aadhaar number to their distributor to be eligible for subsidies. If this is not done, the subsidy will be withheld till September 30, after which it will lapse and consumers will not be credited with the amount. On Friday, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) sent out a blast SMS to lakhs of consumers stating that the subsidy has been kept on hold as they have not provided their Aadhaar details yet. This shocked consumers in Assam as the Aadhaar project has not even been fully implemented yet. The Centre has given directions to IOC to exempt all LPG consumers from Assam. This was followed up by another blast SMS sent to LPG consumers requesting them to ignore the previous message.
10th July 2016