SRS Limited is an organisation that operates on four major verticals, namely retail, food & beverages, entertainment and jewellery. It started its operations in the year 2000 as a trading company known as SRS Commercial Company which dealt with fast-moving consumer goods.
Along with established malls and trading offices across India, SRS offers fixed deposit schemes with very attractive interest rates. SRS Limited made its foray into the financial markets with an IPO (Initial Public Offering) in August 2011.
Fixed Deposit Schemes Offered By SRS Limited
SRS Limited currently has two types of fixed deposits that are offered to its customers -
- Non-Cumulative Scheme – Non-cumulative deposits are offered in two variants of monthly income scheme and quarterly income scheme. The deposits have to be of a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years. Under the monthly income scheme the minimum amount of deposit will be INR 50000 and under the quarterly income scheme, the minimum deposit is INR 30000
- Cumulative Scheme – Cumulative deposits pay at the end of the deposit tenure and have the minimum period of deposit as 1 year and maximum as 3 years. The minimum amount of deposit is INR 30000
Features and Benefits of SRS Limited Fixed Deposit
The features and benefits of SRS Fixed Deposits are listed below -
- Deposits can be of minimum amounts of either INR 30000 or INR 50000 and additional deposits can be made in multiples of INR 1000 only
- The periods of the deposit allowed are a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years with annual increments in between
- Interest paid on the non-cumulative schemes is calculated monthly, while in the cumulative scheme, it would be calculated quarterly and paid at the end of the term
- If the interest earned on the deposit is more than 5000 rupees, one is liable to have TDS deducted. Submission of a 15G or 15H form can prevent deduction of TDS
- Both fixed deposit schemes offer nomination facilities
Eligibility Criteria for SRS Limited Fixed Deposits
The following basic eligibility criteria needs to be the following
- The applicant can be an Indian resident who is an individual, a firm, a trust or a Hindu Undivided Family or a company. Even a minor can have a fixed deposit account, provided a legal guardian signs the undertaking and the ownership will automatically be transferred once the minor reaches the voting age
- A copy of the applicant’s PAN Card needs to be submitted along with the completed application form
- An Account Payee cheque or a bank draft in favour pf SRS Limited FD Collection needs to submitted along with the duly filed application form
How to Apply For a SRS Limited Fixed Deposit
The following ways can be chosen for applying for a fixed deposit account with SRS Limited -
- Either of the main office or branch offices of SRS Limited can provide the deposit form. The same can also be downloaded from SRS Limited website
- The filled form and requisite documents need to be submitted at any of SRS Limited offices to start the process
FAQs for SRS Limited Fixed Deposit
- Are premature withdrawals allowed under SRS Limited fixed deposit schemes?
Premature withdrawals are based on discretion of SRS Limited. Nominally, such withdrawals will not be entertained within the first six months.
- Are there any rules regarding fixed deposit receipts?
Post the realisation of the cheque or draft, the receipt will be received by the depositor at the address mentioned in the application form. These receipts will be received within 21 days of cheque/draft realisation and will not be transferrable or negotiable. Duplicate receipts might be issued at the company’s discretion and at extra charges if the originals are lost or misplaced.
- What should be done with regards to change of address?
Changes in communication address or bank details should be made at least 30 days before the payment is due.
- Is a joint fixed deposit allowed under the available schemes?
Yes, a total of three individuals can operate a joint account and the correspondence as well as deposit and payment information will be made to the person first in the order in the application form. In the event of the demise of the first, the natural order of last survivor will be applied for payment of the maturity amount.