The Government of Andhra Pradesh in order to make roads safer for their citizens decided to update traffic fines for various violations.
The number of traffic violation cases in Hyderabad had been on a rise in 2017 and 2018 as many people were booked for not having valid driving licence, talking on cell phone while driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol.
Due to this, the Andhra Pradesh Government was forced to increase the fine amounts for various violations to improve traffic.
The traffic police of Andhra Pradesh also took measures to raise awareness regarding the violations of traffic laws. Great emphasis was placed on how you are saving money if you follow the traffic laws.
If you are a citizen of Andhra Pradesh, it is important to know the increase in fines. We will list down the fines you will have to pay depending on the traffic rule violations.
List of updated fines for violation of traffic rules in Andhra Pradesh
|Offences||Old Penalty||New Penalty|
|Driving without license||Rs.500||Rs.5000|
|Driving under the influence of alcohol||Rs.2000||Rs.10000|
|Over speeding||Rs.400||Rs.1000 to Rs.2000|
|Dangerous driving||Rs.1000||Up to Rs.5000|
|Riding without helmet||Rs.100||Rs.1000|
|Driving without putting your seat belt on||Rs.100||Rs.1000|
|Driving or riding without carrying your insurance policy||Rs.1000||Rs.2000|
Fines for speed and overtaking of vehicles related offences
|Offence||Penalty to be paid|
|Using mobile while driving a vehicle||Rs.1000/- for any vehicle.|
|To commit offences pertaining to licences.||As specified by the court of law|
|Punishment imposed for committing offence related||As specified by the court of law|
|Parking of vehicles in such a manner which may pose a risk to other vehicles||Rs. 200/- for two, three, four and six wheelers.|
|OFFENCES RELATED TO PARKING||Penalty to be paid|
|Illegal parking on public road at no parking zones||Rs. 200/- for two, three, four and six wheelers.|
|Drive vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs (narco-drugs) etc.||As specified by the court of law|
Safety rules to follow for two-wheelers
- Make sure you and the pillion are wearing helmets at all times while riding a two-wheeler. Make sure the helmets are compact and injury proof.
- Do not carry more than one person as pillion on your two-wheeler vehicle.
- Use the indicators to indicate the direction in which you intend to move your vehicle. This helps the pedestrians and other drivers and also reduces the risk of injuries or accidents.
- Avoid overtaking cars and other vehicles. Doing this can be risky and can result in serious injuries including death in some cases.
Safety rules to follow for four-wheelers
- Follow the traffic lights at all times. Do not jump traffic lights as it can cause serious accidents which may result in death.
- Do not ever use your phone while driving your vehicle. Talking on phone may cause distractions which might be fatal and may cause serious accidents.
- Carry all your vehicle-related documents with you at all times. This helps in deterring crime but also provides important information in case of an accident.
- Put your seat belts at all times while driving your card. Make sure the person who is sitting in front with you is also wearing their seat belts.
- Drive your car within the applicable speed limit. Do not drive fast around colleges, hospitals, parks, public squares, etc.