On the windscreen of the vehicle once the activation process has been completed. The program was rolled out by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and comes under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative. The program comes under the guidelines of the Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) and the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Process to Get a FASTag Card
22 banks in the country have been given permission by the NHAI to provide the FASTag cards to individuals. Apart from the 22 banks, you can purchase the FASTag card at transport hubs, petrol pumps, common service centres, and NHAI plazas.
You can visit the official website of the bank to purchase the FASTag card. Various digital platforms like Amazon and Paytm also provide the card. You can visit a POS terminal as well to get a FASTag card.
Documents Required for a FASTag
The list of documents that must be submitted in order to get the FASTag card are mentioned below:
- KYC documents such as address proof and identity proof.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC).
- Passport-size photo.
Features and Benefits
The main features and benefits of the FASTag card are mentioned below:
- You can save time and fuel as you do not have to stop for long at toll plazas.
- No cash needs to be carried.
- The FASTag card can be recharged online.
- Most banks provide SMS alerts in the case of any transactions.
- Security is provided.
- FASTag offers a long-term validity of five years.
- The usage of paper is eliminated since the payments through FASTag are digital.
FAQs on FASTag Guide
- Is it mandatory to get a FASTag card?
According to the NHAI, it is mandatory to use the FASTag card from 15 February 2021. Penalties are levied in case the vehicle does not have the FASTag fixed on it.
- Can I check the FASTag balance online?
Yes, you can check the FASTag balance online.
- Is it possible to purchase the FASTag card online?
Yes, banks and digital platforms allow you to purchase the FASTag card online.
- Can I use the same FASTag card for two vehicles?
No, a separate FASTag must be used for each vehicle.
- Is it possible to purchase a monthly pass?
No, you cannot purchase a monthly pass.
- What is the validity of my FASTag?
Your FASTag is valid for five years.
- How can I replace my FASTag?
To get your FASTag replaced, you can visit the NETC customer service desk or the website of your FASTag issuing bank.
- Where will I get the login credentials of my FASTag account?
Your FASTag issuing bank will provide your login credentials in the welcome kit. In case you don’t receive it, you can contact the bank’s customer care.
- What if my FASTag doesn’t work at a toll plaza?
If your FASTag doesn’t work at a toll plaza, you can file a complaint by calling 1033 toll-free number.
- Why are toll fees different at two toll plazas?
The toll fees are fixed on the basis of the type of highways and the distance of the road.