It's rare we come across someone who does not love to travel and see beautiful places. Most of us love to travel. Just the thought of travelling miles to see a waterfall or riding all the way to the top of a mountain just to see the view thrills many youngsters today. If you have been bitten by the travel bug and are planning some exotic trips, read on.
Travellers prefer their own mode of transport if they are hopping from one place to another. This helps them save some money which would otherwise be spent on transportation. For this reason, we see tourists hiring bikes and cars when they exploring a place. Driving by yourself around a new city not only helps you trim travelling expenses but also makes one feel like a localite.
Most of us apply for an International driving licence when we plan a trip abroad. Did you know that there are many countries in the world where you do not need a special driving license to drive around and see the city? So, if you are planning your next trip and are looking for places that offer Visa on arrival, you must also check out places where Indian driving licence is accepted.
Countries that allow you to drive with an Indian Driving Licence
- Germany: If you like hiking and seeing castles, Germany is the place for you. Oh! One cannot forget their beer! People across the world visit Germany to sip their world famous beer. You can book your tickets to Germany right now and not worry about how you’ll commute as they recognise DL issued in India. You do not need a special licence to drive here.
- France: It is every girl’s dream to see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The good news to anyone who love to visit France is that you do not need to get an international DL to drive a car. Your DL that you obtained in India is more than enough. So, go ahead and enjoy wine tasting, get your portrait done by french artists, and visit the Statue of Liberty.
- Switzerland: This is one of the most popular tourist spots in the world. The serene lakes, rivers, and green mountains add beauty to this place. One can die to taste Swiss cheese. The best part is you don’t need a special driving licence to drive around Switzerland.
- New Zealand: The great roads in New Zealand will make anyone want to drive. This picture perfect place also allows Indian citizens drive with their DL. They do not need a seperate DL to drive in New Zealand.
- South Africa: Apart from their talented cricket team, South Africa is known for many other beautiful things. Their wildlife and other adventurous activities attract tourist from all over the world. Go ahead and plan a trip to South Africa. Watch a herd of elephants or take a cable car. Wait! You don’t have to worry about your driving licence. Your Indian DL will work just fine there!
What are you waiting for? Haven’t you packed your bags yet? Go ahead and visit these awesome places where you do not need a special driving licence to drive.