It’s quite common for banks to come across instances when their customers have either lost their debit card or it has been stolen. Now, before going into the procedure to replace the lost card, the first thing that the customer needs to do is to block the card. This is because, if the card is either lost or stolen, the card could be misused, and to avoid that, blocking the card immediately should be the first step of the customer. For Axis Bank customers, they can can block and apply for a replacement debit card simultaneously through the internet banking facility and the mobile app of Axis Bank. If the customer does not have either of the two aforementioned services, the customer has to immediately block the card by calling the customer care unit of Axis Bank and then can visit the bank and apply for a replacement. The customer can also look for a debit card upgrade at this point. For those Axis Bank customers that wish to block and replace their debit card through the internet banking and mobile app of Axis Bank, they can follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to replace lost Axis Bank debit card via the Axis Bank internet banking facility
Axis Bank customers that have lost their debit card or it has been stolen can follow the steps below to block and replace their card simultaneously through the internet banking facility:
- Login to your internet banking account using your username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click on “my accounts”.
- Now, select the option “my debit cards”.
- Choose the debit card you wish to block. The option will pop up if you have multiple debit cards with Axis Bank.
- Choose the “block/replace” option once you have selected the debit card.
- You also have the option of upgrading your debit card. Click on the “upgrade” option and choose the card you want.
- Axis Bank will now send you an OTP (One-time password).
- Enter the OTP and click on “submit” to block and replace your Axis Bank debit card.
Steps to replace lost Axis Bank debit card via the Axis Bank mobile app
Axis Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to block and replace their debit card through the mobile app of Axis Bank:
- Login into the Axis Mobile App using your username and password.
- Once on the app, click on the “banking” option.
- The page will be redirected, click on “services” on the top bar of the screen.
- Choose the “debit card” tab.
- Under the multiple options displayed under “debit cards”, click on the “block and replace” option.
- Now, choose the debit card you wish to block and replace. This option is provided you have multiple debit cards with Axis Bank.
- Now, click on the “block and replace” button.
- The bank will now block your debit card and send you a replacement to your home address in a few days. You can also choose to upgrade your debit card by clicking on the “upgrade” option and choosing the debit card that you want once you have clicked on the “block and replace” option.
Axis Bank customers that do not have either the internet banking facility or the mobile app of Axis Bank can call 022-67987700 to block the lost debit card. They can then visit the Axis Bank branch holding their account to apply for a replacement.
Once I follow the steps mentioned above to block my Axis Bank debit card through the internet banking facility and mobile app, will debit card will be blocked immediately?
Yes, as soon as you choose the block and replace option, you will not be able to use your card for any transactions or withdrawals.
For joint account holders, if I block the debit card that belongs to the primary account holder, will the debit card of the secondary account holder also get blocked?
No, it will not. When you are blocking your debit card, you have to choose the particular debit card you wish to be blocked. The other debit cards will remain active and the secondary account holder can continue to use the debit card though the primary account holder’s debit card will be blocked.
I’ve recently heard of the Switch ON Switch OFF mode for debit cards. Can you explain what this is?
Basically, you can use your internet banking facility or mobile banking app to switch your debit card on or off. Meaning that, if you are not using your debit to make a transaction or withdrawal, you can put it on the SWITCH OFF mode so that no fraudulent can take place without your knowledge. Switching off the card basically disables it.
How do I know for sure that my Axis Bank debit card has been blocked?
As soon as you block your card, Axis Bank will send you a notification message of the same. When they issue your replacement card, they will send you a message as well.
What should I do when I get the replacement card? Can I make transactions and withdrawals right away?
No, you will have to first activate your card and then you can make transactions or withdrawals. You can activate your debit card at an ATM or using the internet banking facility or mobile banking app of Axis Bank.