The MasterCard Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered enables its cardholder to enjoy numerous benefits and rewards. Along with a chance to earn reward points, the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card also entitles its users zero petrol surcharge at petrol pumps.
Features and benefits of Standard Chartered MasterCard Platinum Debit Card:
Some of the main features and benefits of the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered are as follows:
- Easy access – You can use your MasterCard Platinum Card to access your account from anywhere at any time. There are more than 36,000 MasterCard merchants and almost 1 million MasterCard ATMs all over the world, where the card can be used.
- Reward points – With every Rs.100 you spend using the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card, you can earn one reward point. These points can be redeemed for cash. Points earned in a year expire on 30th June of the next year.
- Enhanced daily spending limit – With the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card, you have instant and easy access to a daily spending limit of Rs.1,00,000. This spending limit is applicable for usage of the card for purchases as well as at ATMs.
- Zero petrol surcharge – Cardholders of the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered are not charged any surcharge at petrol pumps in the country.
- Exclusive privileges and discounts – Standard Chartered MasterCard Platinum Debit Card users are entitled to exclusive offers and promotions. The bank notifies its customers about discounts and deals from time to time, either through ATM screens, through email/website, or through your account statement. Cardholders can also avail privileges at exclusive brands in lifestyle, travel, dining, and health and fitness.
- Global Customer Assistance Service – Along with the debit card, comes the facility of VISA’s Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS), which is a comprehensive assistance service for customers travelling abroad. GCAS is a 24-hour emergency service and provides services and assistance such as reporting of lost or stolen card, general inquiries, emergency medical or travel assistance, and emergency cash disbursement. To use the GCAS services, customers can call on the toll-free number available on the VISA website.
Fees and charges:
|Minimum Balance Requirement||Rs.10,000 (5% of shortfall in MAB with max cap of Rs.500)|
|ATM Card fee||Rs.799|
|Lost card re-issuance||Rs.799|
|Pay order or Demand draft||Rs.100|
|Phone banking charges||Nil|
|Duplicate statement||Up to 3 months old – Nil More than 3 months old – Rs.150|
|Account closure||Within 14 days from account opening – Nil After 14 days and within 12 months from date of opening – Rs.500|
MasterCard Platinum Debit Card FAQs
What is the daily spending limit that I can avail on the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered?
The bank allows you to spend up to Rs.1,00,000 using the card.
What is the annual fee charged by the bank towards the MasterCard Platinum Debit Card?
Standard Chartered charges Rs.199 as annual fee for using the Debit Card.
Can I convert my Debit Card to a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card?
Yes, you can convert an existing Debit Card to a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card by contacting the bank branch or calling phone banking.
What is the most significant benefit of applying for the MasterCard Platinum card?
The card comes with a zero petrol surcharge benefit, where the cardholders are not charged any surcharge at petrol pumps all over India.
How much will I have to spend to earn one reward point when I use my Standard Chartered MasterCard Platinum Debit Card?
With every Rs.100 spent on the card, you can earn one reward point which can be redeemed for cash.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.