Federal Bank is one of India’s major commercial private sector banks. Holding the status as the fourth largest bank in terms of capital base, Federal Bank enjoys a widespread presence across the country with 1000 branches and ATMs. Catering to a large customer base, the bank offers a wide range of financial products and services like savings accounts, deposits, loans, insurance, investments, cards, etc.
Among the range of cards, Federal Bank offers a wide selection of debit cards which are available in Visa and MasterCard variants. Widely accepted all over the world, these debit cards offer several lucrative advantages like high daily transaction limits, enhanced security while shopping, anytime access to cash and more.
Highlighting Features of Federal Bank Debit Cards
- Ease of shopping at millions of POS terminals
- Quick access to cash whenever you need
- PIN and signature-based authentication for enhanced transaction security
- High transaction limits
Debit Cards Offered by Federal Bank
Federal Bank offers a range of debit cards, each designed to fulfil a distinct set of requirements. These cards have been divided into different categories, namely Contactless cards, Rupay Classic Debit Card and Rupay Platinum International Debit Card. Read on to find out more about the cards offered under each of these categories.
Contactless Debit Card:
The Contactless Debit Card offered by Federal Bank allows the cardholder to make payments by just tapping or waving the card on contactless enabled terminal. The user can make payments with this card up to Rs.5000 without entering the PIN. The Contactless Debit Card variants are as follows:
|Contactless Debit Card variant||Daily Shopping Limit||Daily Cash withdrawal Limit||Total Limit|
|VISA Celesta Contactless Debit Card||Rs.5,00,000/-||Rs.1,00,000/-||Rs.6,00,000/-|
|Master Card Imperio Contactless Debit Card||Rs.3,00,000/-||Rs.75,000/-||Rs.3,75,000/-|
|VISA Platinum Contactless Debit Card||Rs.3,00,000/-||Rs.50,000/-||Rs.3,50,000/-|
|VISA Crown Contactless Debit Card||Rs.1,00,000/-||Rs.50,000/-||Rs.1,50,000/-|
|VISA Celesta Business Contactless Debit Card||Rs.5,00,000/-||Rs.1,00,000/-||Rs.6,00,000/-|
|FedFirst Contactless Debit Card||Rs.10,000/-||Rs.2,500/-||-|
|Celesta NRI Contactless Debit Card||Rs.5,00,000/-||Rs.1,00,000/-||Rs.6,00,000/-|
Rupay Classic Debit Card:
Federal Bank Rupay Classic EVM debit card is the Indian version of a debit card. It comes with benefits like a daily shopping limit of Rs.1,00,000, a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.25,000 and reward points on all the spends at e-commerce and point of sales.
Rupay Platinum International Debit Card:
Federal Bank Rupay Platinum International debit card is the Indian version of a debit card. It comes with features like a daily shopping limit of Rs.3,00,000, a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.50,000 and reward points on all the spends at e-commerce and point of sales.
How to Activate a Federal Bank ATM Card?
Federal Bank is a private sector bank that was established in 1931 and was formerly known as the Travancore Federal Bank. The bank is headquartered in Kerala but has a number of branches spread across the country.
Federal Bank offers its customers a number of services. One of these includes a debit card. When a customer opens an account with Federal Bank, they receive a welcome kit which contains a debit card. The kit also includes the debit card ATM PIN and mobile and internet banking information. Before using the debit card, the customer first has to activate it. The following are the steps to activate a Federal Bank debit card.
- Visit a Federal Bank ATM. It is essential that the first time a customer uses the debit card at a Federal Bank ATM.
- Insert the card in the ATM machine.
- Enter the PIN provided by the bank.
- On entering the PIN, the customer will be provided with a set of instructions that need to be followed.
- Following these instructions activates the debit card.
- To confirm activation, the customer should insert their card in the ATM machine and perform a withdrawal transaction.
- If the transaction is successful, it means the debit card has been successfully activated.
- If the transaction is unsuccessful, the customer should visit the nearest Federal Bank branch and seek assistance from the customer care team. The same can also be done by calling the bank’s toll-free number and seeking help from the customer care team.
Federal Bank Debit Card Offers
A number of offers can be enjoyed by the debit cardholders of Federal Bank. The offers are listed below:
- Federal Bank debit card has multiple offers on Big basket, Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
- Guaranteed 15% off on dining and food.
- Infinite cardholders can avail benefits at premium restaurants like Leela, Hilton, Taj and St.Regis.
- Enjoy 50% discount up to Rs.300 on booking minimum 2 movie tickets and up to Rs.200 off on food combos.
- Get up to 25% off on premium brands like Ritu Kumar, Tata CliQ, Raw, etc. with VISA Infinite cards.
- E-commerce purchase protection up to Rs.74,000/- under golf benefits.
Soft PIN Facility at Federal Bank:
With banks going completely digital, Federal Bank has also introduced various tech products to enhance customer experience and satisfaction. The bank has enabled the Soft PIN facility for its customers. This facility will replace printed PIN – Mailers. A customer can generate Soft PINs by themselves by visiting an ATM. Customers with registered mobile numbers can use this facility.
Activating a new debit card or resetting lost PIN of an active debit card
In order to activate a new debit card or rest an old PIN of an active debit card, the following steps must be taken:
- You must send an SMS to 9895088888 or 5676762 by writing SP Last four digits of your debit card.
- After sending this SMS, you will also receive an SMS with OTP to activate the Soft PIN. The OTP expires in three hours.
- You must visit any Federal Bank ATM within 3 hours to either reset your lost PIN or activate a new PIN. On the ATM machine, select the Soft PIN option before inserting the card. The option is displayed on the idle screen of the machine.
- Once you select the Soft PIN option, you are then asked to insert your debit card.
- Once inserted, you must enter the OTP that was sent to you through SMS.
- After entering the OTP, you can enter the new PIN that you want to set for your debit card.
- The new PIN must be entered once again and submitted.
- The machine then displays either a failure or success message on the screen. A printed slip is also generated for the same.
- The bank also sends an SMS to your registered mobile number about the failure or success status of the PIN reset or activation.
- If the transaction is successful, the card is activated and the PIN is updated.
Benefits of Holding a Federal Bank Debit Card
There are several benefits accompanying the Federal bank range of debit cards, some of which are given below.
- Shop securely as Federal Bank debit cards follow the global card safety standards followed by VISA (Verified by Visa) and MasterCard (MasterCard Secure Code) for all transactions.
- Easy and quick access cash anytime, anywhere.
- Enjoy shopping your heart out as these debit cards feature high transaction limits not only for cash withdrawal but also for shopping.
- These cards require PIN and signature authentication for all purchases made at POS outlets.
Federal Bank Debit Card FAQs
Will I be able to use an old Federal Bank debit card in contactless mode?
No, you won’t be able to use an old Federal Bank debit card in contactless mode. The contactless mode is only present in debit card variant.
Can I get a contactless debit card against my old Federal Bank debit card?
You can apply for card replacement at any of the Federal Bank branches. Moreover, the replacement option can also be availed of through mobile and internet banking.
Will I get lost card liability if I lose my Federal Bank contactless card?
Yes, the Federal Bank provides up to 100% cover on the purchase limit of you report your card loss immeadiately.
Will I be able to use my Federal Bank Contactless debit card if the transaction amount exceeds Rs.5000?
Yes, you can make payments exceeding Rs.5000. However, you will have to swipe or dip the Contactless debit card and enter PIN like required in normal cards to complete the transactions.
Will I get a receipt for contactless debit card transactions?
All the transactions you make with contactless debit card will get recorded on your statement and you can refer to them on your Federal Bank mobile app and Federal Bank internet banking account as well.
- Debit Cards Vs Credit Cards
- Debit Cards for Fuel
- Debit Cards for Online Shopping
- Prepaid Cards for International Travel
- Debit Cards for Movie Tickets
- Debit Cards for Students
- International Debit Cards
- Debit Cards for Shopping
- Debit Cards for Restaurants
- Debit Cards for EMI
- New ATM Transaction Charges
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.