RuPay PaySecure is a payment service offered by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to authorize the online transactions of customers. It not only provides you an extra level of security but also assures a unique online shopping experience. The registration information of the customer is not shared with the merchant or the bank. You can transact using RuPay PaySecure only on merchant platforms that are subscribed to RuPay Secure service.
The key features of RuPay PaySecure include the following:
- It provides the highest level of security to your online transactions
- Comes with additional security measures apart from the two-factor authentication mandated by RBI
- Identifies and blocks phishing content from websites
- The customer doesn’t have to remember additional PINs and can use the ATM PIN for all transactions
- User friendly interface
- Seamless processing of transactions
There are two different types of registration options available with RuPay PaySecure – inflight registration and direct registration. In the inflight registration, customers can register themselves while making an online transaction. But in the direct method, customers can register through the bank’s website without carrying out any transaction.
Using RuPay PaySecure for Transactions
It is necessary for every cardholder to register with PaySecure to avail e-commerce services on merchant platforms. All transactions will be authenticated with an OTP after successful completion of the registration process. Cardholders must also select a combination of an image and a phrase while making the first online transaction. After selecting an image and phrase, the cardholder is required to enter the ATM PIN to complete the transaction. They will also be notified of the successful completion of the transaction.
In all future transactions, the customer is required to identify the image and phrase combination they have provided while making the first transaction. If the cardholder forgets the image and phrase combination and exceeds the number of attempts, then he/she is required to re-register for the service.
General Instructions for Cardholders
Given below are some of the instructions for RuPay cardholders while making online transactions:
- Do not share your PIN or other critical information with other people.
- It is the responsibility of the cardholder to maintain the confidentiality of their image and phrase combination.
- You should select an image and phrase which is difficult to guess and it should not be related to your mobile number, name, address, or any other personal information.
- Cardholders should memorize their images and passwords and should not note it down anywhere.
- Make sure that the device you use to access RuPay PaySecure service is safe from malwares and does not allow unauthorized access.
- Always keep in mind that any attempt to initiate a fake transaction may result in cancellation of the RuPay PaySecure service.