MasterCard Global Credit Card is one of the most popular credit cards offered by Vijaya Bank. This Bank is one among the handful of banks in India that have a principal membership of the MasterCard International and the VISA International. Vijaya Bank Credit Cards are available to customers in two variants depending on the transaction - domestic and global. Customers have the option to choose a credit card that best suits their needs based on additional features that are unique to each card. The card can be used for travel related expenses, remittances such as remittance toward imports, purchase of Traveler's Cheques, Cash Withdrawal, etc.
Mr. Sharma is enjoying free airport lounge access with his Credit Card. What about you? Get A Card
- If the option of revolving credit has not been chosen by the cardholder then he/she can enjoy a credit free period of up to 50 days.
- The cardholder’s family members can avail an extension of the credit limit offered to the primary cardholder, in the form of Vijaya Add-on cards which are free for lifetime. The primary cardholder can apply for an add-on card for his/her spouse, parents and also children who are more than 18 years old.
- Repayment of monthly bills can be done in instalments if the customer has opted for the Revolving Credit facility. In this case, he/she can repay the credit due on his/her card in different percentages of the outstanding amount, and this is subject to a minimum limit of 5%.
- There is high flexibility in terms of repayment of outstanding balance due as the customer can choose to either pay in varying percentages each month or pay a lumpsum amount at any point in time.
- Customers can also avail Loyalty points on purchases made using this credit card. For each Rs. 100 spent on the purchase of products or services using the Vijaya Bank MasterCard Global Credit Card, the cardholder can earn 1 loyalty point.
- Monthly bills will be directly debited to the main account which he/she has in the Vijaya Bank branch.
- The Vijaya Bank MasterCard Global Credit Card has a 3 year validity.
- It is issued in association with the MasterCard International. Therefore, it is accepted worldwide.
- Customers can avail the facility of withdrawing cash instantly, for a maximum amount of up to 50% of the credit limit on the card. The maximum cap on this feature is Rs. 50000/-.
- This card ensures high security through Personal Identification Number (PIN) authorization for cash withdrawal from any ATM that accepts MasterCard.
- Over 22 million outlets across the world accept the MasterCard Global Credit Card including over one lakh domestic merchant outlets.
- Transaction details on your credit card is sent to the customer’s e-mail address every week and also on the day of billing, free of cost.
- Customers can also enjoy insurance coverage in the event of loss or theft of card and misuse of the same. Any transactions made on the card after reporting the loss to the concerned department of the Bank, will be covered under this facility.
The following eligibility parameters are place by Vijaya Bank on the issue of MasterCard Global Card:
- Individuals who are existing account holders of the Bank.
- A Salaried individual must earn a Gross Income of at least Rs. 120000/- per annum and a Self-employed individual applicant must earn at least Rs. 100000/- per month in order to be eligible; Or
- The applicant must have Term Deposit worth Rs. 100000/- placed for a deposit term of at least 2 years or more; Or
- He/she must already have a credit facility of Rs. 5 lakh or above.
- In order to avail a free add-on card, the supplementary applicant must be either the spouse, parent or child of the applicant. In order to be eligible for availing the add-on card, children of the primary cardholder must be at least 18 years old.
- NRIs have the option of declaring a resident Indian as an add-on cardholder.
Fees and Charges:
|Minimum Credit Card Limit
|Cash Limit on Primary Card
||50% of the card limit or 50,000/- whichever is lower
Vijaya Bank Mastercard Gold Credit Card FAQs:
- In which countries can this credit card not be used?
The MasterCard Global Card can be used anywhere in the world, except in Bhutan and Nepal, for the purpose of foreign exchange payment to the country’s residents.
- What all purposes can this credit card be used for?
The card can be used for travel related expenses, remittances such as remittance toward imports, purchase of Traveler's Cheques, Cash Withdrawal, etc. which is permitted by the Exchange Control Regulations and/or Foreign Trade regulations, as applicable.
- What should I do in case of loss of card?
In case of loss or theft of your Vijaya Bank MasterCard Global Card, you must immediately report the incident to the nearest office of the MasterCard International, its affiliates or to the Bank. You should also lodge a complaint at the nearest Police Station regarding the loss and obtain an acknowledgement of the complaint. Upon receiving information of the loss, the Bank will hotlist the card to prevent any misuse. The cardholder will be liable for any transaction on the card for a period of thirty days after the card has been hotlisted, if the amount that has been used on the card exceeds Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Will I be issued a duplicate card in the event of loss of card?
Vijaya Bank will provide the customer a replacement card in the event of loss, theft or misplacement of the credit card. A nominal fee of Rs. 200/- will be charged by the Bank for hotlisting the credit card and for the issue of the replacement card, an additional fee of Rs. 150/- will be levied.
- Will Vijaya Bank issue duplicate monthly statements of my credit card account?
Generally, the Bank does not provide duplicate credit card statements for a credit card account. But, if the customer places a request for the monthly statements of account and pays a fee of Rs. 25/- per statement, the bank may oblige to do so at its discretion.
Other Top Credit Cards by Vijaya Bank: