The New American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card Overview:
American Express, reputed for its superior credit card services for the most elite and richest, is fortifying and spreading its reach to the middle class in the country. The firm is associating with the web travel portal MakeMyTrip and Payback, the biggest partnership loyalty program in India, to present a co-branded card to take advantage of the rising popularity of online travel reservation. Statistics show that 30 percent of people’s total expenditure and bills are paid online and this is even truer for travel planning. As an opportunity worth seizing, the New American Express MakeMyTrip Card came into being in 2013.
American Express had 659,650 credit card users in the country by the end of June 2014 as per the recent Reserve Bank of India statistics.
Benefits of The New American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card:
- You earn one cashback point for every INR. 100 you spend using this card and two points if you spend while booking flights or accommodation via MakeMyTrip.
- You can get a rebate of five percent on all your MakeMyTrip reservations.
- Win a MakeMyTrip coupon that is worth INR. 2000 after spending INR. 1.25 lakhs and a bonus MakeMyTrip coupon worth up to INR. 5000 if you spend INR. 2.5 lakhs per year.
- You can make use of MMT coupons for domestic and overseas flight fares, hotel accommodations and other reservations for your vacation.
Features of The New American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card:
Make sure that the initial charge on your Credit Card is made within three months of card issuance.
More Offers & Perks by the New American Express MMT Credit Card:
- American Express ezeClick: you can shop more quickly with just a single exclusive ID at over 6500 online shopping portals. You can register at ezeclick.com.
- Pay-in-Parts Privilege6: Make big purchases even if you are short on cash as this card offers easy and flexible EMIs with the American Express® Pay-in-Parts Privilege6.
- Additional Card: You can avail additional cards for your family members’ use. It will cost you INR. 750 exclusive of taxes.
- Dining SelectsSM: you can avail exclusive rebates on restaurant bills in your city as well as outside the country.
Eligibility & Documentation:
- The applicant should be over age 18.
- The applicant should have a yearly income of INR. 600,000 or above. This requirement is for both salaried and independent professional.
- The applicant should have an Indian or global bank’s current or savings account in India.
- The applicant should have a permanent residential address in the country.
- The applicant should have a decent credit history with zero payment defaults
- If the applicant is self-employed, his/ her organization should have been running for more than a year.
Fees & Charges:
In the subsequent years, the annual membership fees will be INR. 1500 exclusive of taxes.
How to apply:
Visit BankBazaar.com and browse through the credit cards page. You have the option to either explore or check your eligibility for different cards. BankBazaar will give you a list of carefully chosen credit cards as per your needs. Click on “Apply” and type down your personal info to apply for the card immediately.
The New American Express MakeMyTrip Card FAQs:
- Is there a limit on the number of times I can use my card to shop on MMT site?
No. There is no such limit.
- Can I use this card on other travel portals with MMT tie ups?
You may. But to avail the full benefits of this card, you need to use it on bookings via MakeMyTrip.
- Are there additional fees other than renewal charges for this card?
No, there are no hidden charges as such.