How To Link Your Citibank Credit Card To Samsung Pay
From time to time, Citibank has come up with convenient ways to help their credit cardholders pay their bills at ease. One such initiative is the Samsung Pay option. Using the Samsung Pay feature, Citibank credit card holders can make purchases without a tangible credit card by using their Samsung phones. This is the most simple, convenient, and secure way to pay. So, if you have a Samsung phone and have the “Samsung Pay” feature, read on to know the benefits this feature has to offer.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is an inbuilt feature that is available on Samsung phones. This feature allows users to make payments using their Samsung phone. This safe, secure, and easy-to-use mobile payment service allows Citibank credit card holders to make in-store payments using their phone. Samsung could introduce such great feature using technologies like Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST). For now, Samsung Pay feature is available only for in-store payments and not online or app-based payments.
Thanks to Samsung Pay! You do not have to carry your credit card in your wallet every time you step out to make a payment. With a single touch using your registered Samsung phone, you will be able to make payments. This also reduces the time taken to process a payment using your tangible card and helps you checkout faster.
Samsung Pay Registration Process
- Download the “Samsung Pay” app on your phone from the store.
- Place your Citibank credit card on a flat surface.
- Open the Samsung Pay app and scan the Citibank credit card number.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your Citibank credit card number manually in the space provided.
- Take time to read the terms and conditions of Samsung Pay app and accept it.
- Citibank will review your request before adding your credit card to the Samsung Pay network.
- You will be asked to verify your identity before proceeding. You can choose to verify your identity via SMS or over a phone call with CItibank to complete the verification process.
- If you choose to verify via SMS, you will receive an One Time Password (OTP) to your registered phone number which you will be required to enter in the space provided on the Samsung Pay app to proceed.
- If you choose to call the bank instead, you should call the CitiPhone Helpline Number which is 18602102484 to complete the verification process.
- Upon successful verification, your Citibank credit card will be approved and an image of your card will appear on the Samsung Pay app. This means that your Citibank credit card is available for payments via your device.
Benefits And Advantages Of Adding Your Citibank Credit Card To Samsung Pay
- One of the important benefit of tagging your Citibank credit card to Samsung Pay is that you no longer have to carry your plastic card everytime you go out shopping.
- Many lose their wallet or credit cards due to theft. By tagging your Citibank credit card to Samsung Pay, you do not have to be worried about that.
- Like mentioned earlier, Samsung Pay is a safe, secure, and convenient way to make a payment as you only need your Samsung device and not your card. So, even if you forget your credit card at home, you can still make an in-store payment. This saves a lot of time.
- All it requires is a single touch from your Samsung phone and your payment will be processed within a few seconds. You do not have to swipe your card and wait to checkout.
- As per the reward program on your Citibank credit card, you may receive reward points on transactions made with your Samsung Pay account.
- You can enrol multiple supplementary credit cards to your Samsung Pay account.
- Samsung Pay is widely accepted. You can make payments through Samsung pay in almost every store that you currently swipe or tap your card at. Any merchant with NFC or MST terminals will accept your Samsung Pay payment.
Citibank Credit Cards That Are Eligible For Samsung Pay
Not all Citibank credit cards can be tagged to your Samsung Pay account. Listed below are some of the cards that you can use on Samsung Pay:
- Citi Rewards Credit Card
- Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
- Citi Cash Back Credit Card
- Citi Prestige Credit Card
- Citi Rewards Domestic Card
- Citi Ultima Credit Card
- IndianOil Citi Credit Card
- First Citizen Citi Credit Card
- IndianOil CitiBusiness Card
- CitiBusiness Credit Card
Frequently Asked Questions On Adding Citibank Credit Cards To Samsung Pay
- Can I tag the same Citibank credit card on more than one Samsung phone using Samsung Pay app?
Yes. You can register the same Citibank credit card on up to 4 Samsung phones. However, when you make a payment using anyone of these devices, the OTP will be sent to your registered phone number as per the bank’s records.
- Which Samsung devices are compatible with Samsung Pay app?
Currently, you can use the following Samsung phones to use Samsung Pay:
Should I use my fingerprint to make a payment using Samsung Pay? What if my fingerprint is not recognised?
- Galaxy Note8
- Galaxy S8+,
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S7 edge
- Galaxy S7, S6 edge+
- Galaxy Note 5
- Galaxy A7 (2017)
- Galaxy A5 (2017)
- A5 (2016), A7 (2016)
- Galaxy A9 Pro
- Galaxy J7 Pro, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+.
Yes. You have to use your fingerprint to make a payment using Samsung Pay. If your fingerprint is not recognised, you can enter the Samsung Pay PIN you created while setting your account.
What if I lose my Samsung phone?
If you lose your phone, you will have to contact Citibank’s 24-hour hotline at 18602102484. The Device Card Number of your Citibank credit card will be blocked. You can still use your Citibank credit card through other channels.
What should I do if I get a new Samsung phone?
You will have to download the Samsung Pay app on your new phone and register your Citibank credit card once again. Please make sure you delete the registered cards on your previous devices.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.