If you have applied for an HSBC credit card and it has been approved by the bank, you will receive the credit card along with a 4-digit PIN which will authorise you to carry out the transactions with that card.
It is important that you do not share your PIN with anyone due to security reasons. An organic PIN will be sent to you via email as well as through post along with the credit card. You can activate your card with that PIN.
However, if you wish to change your PIN, you can do so by net banking, through phone bank or at any HSBC Bank ATM as well.
How to Change HSBC Credit Card PIN through Net Banking
- Log in to your HSBC net banking account with the username and password provided to you.
- You can click on 'cards' and then register your credit card.
- Once done, you will get an option of 'Reset/Change PIN' on the website.
- You will have to add your current PIN and then add the desired PIN twice.
- After this, you will have to click on 'confirm'.
- The PIN will then be changed.
How to Change HSBC Credit Card PIN through Phone Banking
- Call the customer care of HSBC bank.
- You can validate your identity as an HSBC Bank customer with your customer ID or your phone number.
- Once you do, you will have to request to change the credit card PIN to the customer representative.
How to Change Credit Card PIN through HSBC Bank ATM
- Visit any HSBC Bank ATM.
- Swipe your credit card.
- Enter the existing credit card PIN.
- You will then find an option of ‘Change PIN’.
- Once you click on the option, you must enter the PIN of your choice.
- The PIN will then change and be effective for any transaction going forward.
How to Ensure the Security of HSBC Bank Credit Card PIN
- Keep your PIN confidential.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your credit card or share your PIN with anyone.
- Keeping a physical record of your PIN anywhere can be risky for security reasons.
- Do not save your HSBC Bank credit card details on any website when you make an online transaction.
- Always keep a check on your credit card statement every month to ensure that there are no unauthorised transactions.
- Never ignore SMS updates from HSBC Bank about your credit card usage.
FAQs on HSBC Bank Credit Card PIN
- How do I change the PIN through Phone banking?
- How to apply for an HSBC Bank credit card?
- How long does it take to receive the credit card?
- After I change the PIN, when can I use my credit card?
You can either call 1800 266 3456 or 1800 103 4722 to get in touch with a representative of the bank and request to change your credit card PIN.
You can apply for an HSBC Bank credit card by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ option on the website after choosing the credit card you need.
Once your application is approved, it will take up to 7 working days for the bank to deliver your credit card.
Once you have successfully changed the PIN of your credit card, it will be applicable immediately.