Tata Motors launched the upgraded version of its most popular MUV, the Sumo. The Sumo Gold was launched in 2011 and only comes in a diesel engine option. The Sumo Gold is available in 3 variants- the CX, the GX, and the EX.
The exterior design of the car has been altered slightly in terms of the front grille, fog lamps, and headlamps. The Sumo Gold can achieve a top speed of 125 kmph and can go from 0-100 kmph in 27.6 seconds.
In most aspects, the Tata Sumo Gold is similar to the original with the stickers on the body being the only distinctive feature. There are upgrades in the seating upholstery and better lumbar support of the seats.
The pricing for the Tata Sumo Gold begins at Rs.7.52 (ex-showroom, Bangalore).
|Engine capacity (cc)||2,956|
|Maximum power (rpm)||83.83bhp@3,000|
|Maximum torque (Nm@rpm)||250@1,000-2,000|
|Transmission||5-speed manual transmission|
Choosing an Insurance policy for Tata Sumo Gold
To further enhance your driving experience with the Tata Sumo Gold, purchase an insurance policy that provides coverage against any possible liabilities. According to the provisions in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles to have a valid third-party insurance plan.
A comprehensive insurance plan provides a vehicle owner with coverage against liabilities of third parties as well as damages suffered by the insured. To further add to the coverage of the car, car owners can opt for additional riders that enhance their policy. Some of the most common riders that car owners opt for are as follows:
- Hydrostatic lock cover: This cover is usually opted for by individuals who live in locations that experience heavy rains. The rider provides protection against a hydrostatic lock that occurs when water seeps into the engine of the car and results in breakdowns.
- Zero Depreciation cover: A zero depreciation cover is a rider that offers the car owner complete coverage without taking into account the rate of depreciation.
- Co-passenger cover: A co-passenger cover offers protection to the passengers who suffer any injuries in the event of a road accident.
- No-Claim Bonus (NCB) protector: The no-claim bonus protector ensures that the car owner receives the no claim bonus even after a claim during the policy term.
- Medical expenses: This cover offers the insured reimbursement or payment of medical expenses incurred as a result of a road accident.
- Roadside assistance: This cover offers the insured assistance in case of a breakdown. It often includes services such as changing a flat tyre, towing the car to a garage, or restarting a dead battery.
Purchasing a car insurance policy for your Tata Sumo Gold will further enhance your driving experience in addition to providing you with the protection that you require.
Buy car insurance online in a matter of minutes. Check it out here!