Tata Nexon from Tata Motors is the most awarded compact SUV of 2018. The Nexon combines the style of a sports car and practicality of an SUV. The Nexon is Tata Motors' first ever compact SUV which takes its design cues from the Bolt and Zest. The new IMPACT design from Tata ensures that Nexon is a customer favourite. The SUV is available in 22 variants including XE, XM, XMA, XT, XZ, XZ+, and XZA+. The car comes with 2 engine options (petrol and diesel) and starts at Rs.6.23 lakh (ex-showroom price Delhi). Tata Nexon AMT with HyprDrive Self-Shift Gears starts at Rs.7.58 lakh (ex-showroom price Delhi). Prices are subject to change at the discretion of Tata Motors.
Features of Tata Nexon
The car is equipped with HyprDrive, self-shift gears and 6-speed manual transmission. The compact SUV boasts first-in-class multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport for an amazing driving experience. The following are the top-notch features of the Nexon, designed specifically for comfort, style, and a smooth drive.
- Tata Nexon has a layered 3-tone dashboard that is perfectly crafted.
- The SUV also has an advanced floating dashtop touchscreen infotainment system which can connect to the next-generation smartphone with the voice recognition technology.
- The 6.5-inches infotainment system can be used to make phone calls, access navigation, read messages, and listen to music.
- Music can be enjoyed on an 8-speaker system from Harman.
- To cap off the interior design, the central console is grand and stylish.
- The interior boasts sculpted seats with foldable armrests and a spacious cabin.
- Electric power steering with media and phone controls.
- Automatic climate control.
- Tata Nexon is available in 6 colours - Moroccan Blue, Vermont Red, Calgary White, Seattle Silver, Glasgow Grey, and Etna Orange.
- Projector headlamps for better road illumination.
- Signature Sonic Silver dual-tone colored roof.
- Rear split LED tail lamps.
- Cat-eye shaped daytime running lights (DRL).
- The tyres boast 16-inches alloy wheels with 209 mm ground clearance which makes it easier to drive on Indian roads which are riddled with obstacles.
- ABS with EBD as standard.
- Reverse parking assist with advance ultrasonic sensors.
- Smart key and push-button start.
- Dual frontal airbags for the driver and the co-driver as standard.
- Height adjustable seat-belts.
- ISOFIX anchorage for child-seat.
- Dual-path suspension for a comfortable drive.
Technical Specifications of Tata Nexon
|Engine||1.2-litre turbocharged Revotron Engine||1.5-litre Revotorq engine|
|Engine Capacity||1,198 cc, 3 cylinders||1,497 cc, 4 cylinders|
|Power||110 PS @ 5,000 rpm||110 PS @ 3,750 rpm|
|Torque||170 Nm @ 1,750-4,000 rpm||260 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm|
|Mileage||17 kmpl||21 kmpl|
|Drive modes||Eco, City, and Sport|
|Transmission||6-speed manual transmission and 6-speed AMT|
|Fuel tank capacity||44 litres|
Tata Nexon Car Insurance Price
Customers can visit Tata Showrooms across the country to take the Nexon for a test drive before making the purchase. When purchasing any vehicle, you have to keep in mind the need for a motor insurance policy as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Reliance General Insurance, Bharti AXA, and HDFC Ergo are some of the top motor insurance companies that offer two types of car insurance policies for Tata Nexon - Third-party liability insurance and Comprehensive insurance. The former covers any financial obligations arising from third-party damages caused by your car to a third-party, whereas the latter offers cover for third-party damages as well as damages to you and your car. A third-party liability cover is mandatory as per the MV Act. A comprehensive policy is expensive compared to a third-party liability cover as it offers protection against loss or damage caused due to accidents, theft, fire, vandalism and so on. So, what affects car insurance price? Let’s find out.
- Type of coverage: Based on the type of coverage you choose - third-party liability cover or comprehensive policy, the premium will be low or high. Due to the extensive coverage offered by a comprehensive policy, the premium is usually higher than that of a third-party liability insurance policy.
- Make and model of the vehicle: Third-party motor insurance policies have fixed premiums for specific makes and models of vehicles based on the displacement of the engine. Tata Nexon sports a petrol engine with 1,198 cc and a diesel engine with 1,497 cc. Therefore, as per the premium rates fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) for FY2018-19, the premium for a third-party motor insurance policy will be Rs.7,890 and Rs.2,863, respectively. The premium will change for the next fiscal year.
- Registration zone: The premium of a motor insurance policy is also based on the area where the vehicle has been registered. If your Tata Nexon has been registered in an accident or theft-prone zone, then the premium will be comparatively higher.
- Driving style: Insurance companies take the driving history of the car owner into account when calculating the premium.
- No-Claim Bonus: Car insurance policyholders can transfer their No-Claim Bonus to the new insurer and use this discount to get a concession on the premium of the new policy.
- Voluntary deductibles: Insurance companies offer discounts on premiums if you opt for voluntary deductibles which essentially means that you will have to pay a part of the claim amount.
- Install safety equipment: If you fit the Tata Nexon with safety equipment like anti-theft devices, the insurers will lower the premium as the safety equipment imply that the vehicle is comparatively safer.
- Add-on covers: You can choose to enhance your car insurance cover with additional covers such as zero-depreciation cover, key replacement cover, No-Claim Bonus protection cover, etc. This again will add to the overall cost of your car insurance policy.
How to Buy an Insurance Policy for Your Tata Nexon?
With the advent of technology, purchasing a motor insurance policy has become easy and hassle-free. You can purchase a suitable car insurance for your Tata Nexon in the following ways:
- Online purchase: Visit the official website of a motor insurance company or a reliable third-party website like BankBazaar.com to purchase a suitable motor insurance cover online. You can compare the premiums and the coverage offered by various motor insurance policies available on the market and choose one that best suits your needs. You can use the premium calculator tool available on the website to find out the overall cost of your chosen policy. The premium payment can be made online through the website using debit cards, credit cards, or netbanking. It is that simple.
- Offline purchase: You can visit a branch of the insurance company in your area and get the guidance of an insurance agent to purchase a car insurance policy for your Nexon.
A comprehensive car insurance policy will certainly protect your Tata Nexon from damages or losses caused due to accidents, theft, fire, riot, vandalism, etc. Therefore, when purchasing the Nexon, do sufficient research for a suitable motor insurance policy with adequate cover and affordable premium.