A pioneer in motor insurance industry, Bharti AXA offers comprehensive coverage when it comes to car insurance. Customers can tailor the insurance policy as per their requirements and recommendations. Policyholders can enjoy a line of advantages like cashless network of garages pan India and 24/7 claims assistance. Bharti AXA car insurance also brings with it, many other benefits including easy claims settlement and hassle-free renewal process.
Bharti AXA offers a wide range of add-on covers for car insurance to provide technical aid and to ease the stress of policyholders. Add-on covers for motor insurance can be opted by paying a little extra premium and policyholders can select add-on covers as per their requirement.
Bharti AXA Car insurance add-on covers are tailor made to meet specific requirements of policyholders.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Add On Covers
The following add-on covers are offered by Bharti AXA and will be of immense benefit to policyholders who are looking to cover a specific risk.
Depreciation Cover for Private Cars
Under a standard car insurance policy, the insured gets an amount that is subject to the factor of depreciation also. So, the amount received will be lower than the actual cost of repairs. With depreciation cover, you can receive the insurance amount without deduction of depreciation amount.
- To avail the benefit of this cover, the insured’s vehicle must be repaired at any of the authorized garages of Bharti AXa.
- The vehicle should not be more than 5 years old from date of registration or date of purchase, whichever comes first, to avail this cover.
- Depreciation cover is valid for up to 2 admissible claims.
- Bharti AXA will pay the amount of depreciation on parts replaced.
Consumables Cover for Private Car
Bharti AXA will cover all losses incurred due to substances and items which are of specific use and are totally consumed or rendered unfit for further use due to a damaged vehicle.
- Items like screw, nut and bolt, washers, grease, ac gas, lubricants clip, engine oil, distilled water, break oil, oil filter and other such parts.
- Vehicles should not be more than 5 years old to avail this claim.
- All costs must be supported with relevant invoices and bills from garages authorized by Bharti AXA.
- Repairs must be undertaken within 3 days of loss.
Invoice Price Cover for Private Car
Under this add-on cover, Bharti AXA will pay the invoice value of car including road tax and registration charges ie, the current replacement value of car if the model is available in market. One can make use of this cover in case of the unfortunate event of Total theft or constructive total loss (CTL) of the car.
- To avail this cover, the vehicle should not be more than 2 years old at the date of commencement of policy.
- The insured vehicle should be indigenous and the insured should be the first registered owner of the vehicle.
- In case of theft of the insured vehicle, First Information Report (FIR) should be submitted.
Hydrostatic Lock Cover for Private Car
For policyholders who have availed this cover, Bharti AXA will compensate for the losses incurred due to replacement or repair of engine parts of the vehicle insured in case of ingression of water in car engine.
- The insured vehicle should not be more than 5 years old from the date of start of cover.
- The replacement or repair should have been carried out in Bharti AXA authorized garages in India.
- If the engine is replaced, the invoice must be submitted 15 days from the date of loss of endorsement in the policy.
- This cover will cease in case of transfer of ownership.
- The insured vehicle must have been used for private purposes only.
No Claim Bonus (NCB) Protection Cover
For every claim free year, policyholders are given a No Claim Bonus. This slab increases with every claim free year and raises up to 50%. But, if you make a single claim, your No Claim Bonus comes down to zero. NCB protector cover will guard your NCB for up to two claims during the policy period.
- If more than two claims are made in a period of two consecutive years, the NCB will be reduced to zero.
- This cover is applicable to comprehensive coverage for private cars only.
- In case of declarations by insured, the No Claim Bonus is subject to confirmation from previous insurer.
- This cover will cease to exist after one claim that is not admissible and will cease to exist in case of transfer of ownership of the cover.
Scope of No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
|NCB as mentioned in policy||Claim Reported (up to 2 claims)||NCB on renewal|
|0 percent||No||20 percent|
|0 percent||Yes||0 percent|
|20 percent||No||25 percent|
|20 percent||Yes||0 percent|
|25 percent||No||35 percent|
|25 percent||Yes||20 percent|
|35 percent||No||45 percent|
|35 percent||Yes||25 percent|
|45 percent||No||50 percent|
|45 percent||Yes||35 percent|
|50 percent||No||50 percent|
|50 percent||Yes||45 percent|
|65 percent||Yes||50 percent|
Outstanding Loan Cover for Private Cars
Bharti AXA will pay the total outstanding loan amount on the insured vehicle or the actual amount outstanding at the time of claim, whichever is lower, if the insured dies due to bodily injury due to external, violent, visible and accidental means.
- This cover will come to play if the insured dies to bodily injury while travelling in, disembarking or embarking from the insured vehicle during the policy period.
- Any arrears on loan and interests payable in such arrears as on date of accidents are specific exclusions of this add-on cover.
Roadside Assistance for Private Car and Commercial Vehicles
The insurance company will offer roadside assistance through an authorised vendor if the insured’s vehicle breaks down. The following services are offered under this cover.
- In case of major breakdown, vehicle relocation to the nearest garage.
- For minor breakdowns, repair services.
- Changing of flat tyres.
- If vehicle runs out of fuel, emergency fuel will be arranged.
- Assistance for lockout and lost keys
- Alternative transport assistance to nearest safe place for passengers.
Ambulance, Hospital and Medical Covers
- Hospital Cash Cover offers daily cash allowance for any injury to the insured caused when travelling in, disembarking or embarking from insured car.
- Ambulance Charges cover will reimburse the costs of transportation of insured in Ambulance to hospital in case of bodily injury due to accident when travelling, disembarking or embarking from insured vehicle.
- Medical expenses reimbursement will cover the costs of medical treatments in case of injury to the insured when travelling, disembarking or embarking from insured vehicle.
As add-on covers cater to the specific need of insured, you can choose a cover if you have a requirement. Suppose you live in a flood-prone area, hydrostatic lock cover should be of great use to you. For lady drivers, roadside assistance can be a boon. It is always better to be safe than to be sorry, pay that little extra premium and avail a greater insurance shield!
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017