India’s top lender ICICI Bank has partnered with Manipal Global Education Services to allow young talents from all over the country to appear for Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB) Programme for Sales and Relationship Management entrance examination. Students who crack this entrance exam will be able to work at ICICI Bank and pursue a career in banking.
Highlights of the Programme
Some of the highlights of this programme are:
- Eligible students will be a part of one-year full time residential programme conducted at ICICI Manipal Academy (IMA) Campus in Bangalore. The individual will be a part of the internship program and will also receive on-the-job training at the bank
- The program will aim to help students develop deep sales and relationship skills, necessary behavior when interacting with customers, and a thorough knowledge of their banking products
- The training will provide skills and knowledge in core banking areas such as banking products, system rules and compliance, and processes which are applied in day-to-day banking operations.
- Students will have access to more than thousand real life case studies which will help their skills as probationary officers which will allow them to deliver their task on time
- Innovative pedagogy tools such as Co-teaching will be used to impart the best learning experience to the trainees
- Not only will the trainees be trained by experts from the ICICI Bank, but also by faculties from leading universities from all over the world
- The trainees during their course of their training will have state-of-the art facilities Computer Lab facility, and a Simulator Branch and Processing Centre
- The trainees will have the opportunity to specialise in different areas of banking related to sales and relationship
- Once the training will be completed, the bank will hire the students as frontline sales and relationship managers in Deputy Manager Band I grade. The students apart from that will also be offered the certificate of Post Graduate Diploma in Banking from Manipal University
- The trainee will receive a monthly stipend during the training and internship period
- The program has provided training to more than 20,000 students out of which more than 18,000 students have successfully graduated from the program
Structure of the program
The program is divided into four structures which every trainee will have to be a part of. The structures of the program are given below:
- Term 1 (4 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bangalore
- Term 2 (2 months) - Internship at ICICI Bank
- Term 3 (2 months) - Classroom training at IMA, Bangalore
- Term 4 (4 months) - On-the-job training at ICICI Bank
Given below are the eligibility criteria you will have to fulfill in order to be eligible for the entrance exam:
- You must be a graduate with an aggregate of 55% from any discipline
- Maximum age of 27 years as of March 2020. Students who are born on or after 1 March 1993 are eligible
- Students who will clear the exams will be eligible to take part in the course
The applicant will have to go through a certain selection process in order to be selected for the course. The process is given below:
- Online Aptitude test
- Online Psychometric Questionnaire
- Case-based Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Merit List
Students who clear the GD round will be eligible to take part in PI on the very same day.
Fees for the Training Programme
Given below is total fee the trainee will have to pay during the course of the period:
- Rs.3,71,700/- (Loan amount of Rs.3.15 lakh + applicable GST, which is presently at 18%)
- Rs.16,800/- (Cost of Tablet + Cover + SD Card + GST) Total amount: Rs.3,88,500
Eligible students can either avail an education loan from ICICI Bank or self-fund their course fee
How to apply for the course
Given below are the steps you will have fulfill in order to apply for this course:
- Click on the link https://www.icicicareers.com/Website/academia/probationary-officer-programme/2020/Jan/icici-manipal-probationary-officers-programme-post-graduate-diploma-in-banking-for-sales-and-relationship-management.html
- Scroll down the page and you will find the ‘Apply Here’ option
- If you are a new user, click on ‘Sign Up’. Provide your personal details, resume, contact information, academic information, work experience if any, and other important details as asked. Once you have provided all the details, check the details once and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will also have to make a profile which will consist of a user id and password
- Enter the user ID, password, and answer the security question by entering the ‘Captcha’ and click on ‘Login’
- Once you log in to the portal, you can apply for the course by following the instructions given.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will get a confirmation about the submission of the application form and further instructions regarding the date of the exam
You can also visit the nearest branch of ICICI Bank and obtain the application form in order to appear for the entrance exam. Fill the form, attach the documents, and submit it.
I have applied for the PO Programme. How will I get to know regarding my candidature?
If you are shortlisted, you will be informed about the same through SMS.
What are the steps I will have to follow in order to book a slot for the test?
Given below are the steps you will have to follow:
- You will receive the link to book the slot for the test on your registered email ID
- Click on the link
- Enter your user ID and password
- Click on ‘Click here to book the test slot’
- Select the date, seat, and location of your choice based on availability and click on ‘book tab’
- Save the admit card which will be displayed on the screen
Can I change my test date or location?
Once you have booked the slot, you cannot change the date or the location.
Will I be able to view the test scores of the Aptitude test?
No, you will not be able to view the test scores of the aptitude test.
I have given the test. When can I expect the results?
Once you have given the test, the result will be intimated through email to you if you are shortlisted.