To ensure you never miss your bill payments, American Express offers several online and offline payment modes. Not only will this help you pay your credit card bills on time, but it will also improve your credit score. You can choose any one of the following methods to pay your American Express credit card outstanding bill.
American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Online
- Online payment
American Express Credit Card Bill Payment Offline
- Direct debit/NACH
- Cheque via drop boxes
- Cheque via courier
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Online
If you want convenience, an online bill payment mode should be your go-to choice. American Express has various online options that give you the freedom to make bill payments on the go and from the comfort of your home.
Realised your due date is one day away? You can always choose the NEFT facility to make your card payment instantly. Before you begin the transfer process, you need to add your American Express credit card as a 'Payee'. Here are all the details you need to include:
- Payee name - American Express
- Payee account number - Your 15-digit card number (starting with 37)
- Payee account type - Current
- Bank Name - Standard Chartered Bank
- IFSC code - SCBL0036020
- Branch address - Standard Chartered Bank, Narain Manzil. 23 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi 110001
You don't require an IFSC code if you're paying your card bill through Standard Chartered Online Banking. All you have to do is select 'Transfer to another SCB bank account' to make the payment.
This is another payment mode that is quick and instant. To pay your American Express card bill, you will have to log in to BHIM or any other UPI-enabled mobile banking app. You will have to make the payment to American Express' UPI VPA, which is AEBC37XXXXXXXXXXXXX@SC. You will have to add your 15-digit credit card number, which begins with 37. You can process the payment after these steps.
Through BillDesk, you can pay your American Express card bill anytime and anywhere. This facility is available at more than 50 banks in India. To use this service, visit the BillDesk portal through American Express' official website. Here's what you have to do next:
- Enter your 15-digit American Express credit card number.
- Enter your mobile number and your email address.
- Enter your transaction amount.
- Select the bank the amount will get debited from.
- Select 'Proceed to Pay'.
Once you confirm the payment, you will be directed to a transaction acknowledgement screen. Here, you can check your 'Transaction Status'. If your transaction has failed, you will see 'Failure'. For successful transactions, you will see 'Successful'.
You will also get a transaction reference number, in case you have a query later.
Ways To Pay Your Card Bill Offline
Besides online payment modes, American Express also gives you the option of clearing your dues offline. You can drop cheques or even sign up for the direct debit service.
If you're worried about missing your due date, you can always sign up for the direct debit or NACH facility. With this service, a certain approved amount will get debited from your account and credited to your card automatically every month. Here's what you have to do:
- Download the 'Charge Card - Direct Debit enrolment form' or 'Credit Card - Direct Debit enrolment form' from American Express' website.
- Fill in all the requested details.
- You can choose for the total amount due or minimum amount due to be debited from your bank account.
- Attach a copy of a cancelled cheque to the form and mail it to the address mentioned in the form.
- The amount you've approved will be deducted every month.
Cheque via drop boxes
Address the cheque to your credit card account and drop it in the nearest drop box. You can find various drop box locations by visiting American Express' official website.
Cheque via courier
You will have to draw the cheque in favour of 'AEBC Card No. 37XX XXXXXX XXXXX'. Then, you will have to mail this cheque to American Express Banking Corp. Cyber City, Tower 'C', DLF Building No. 8, Sector 25, DLF City Phase II, Gurgaon-122002, Haryana.
FAQs on American Express Credit Card Bill Payment
- If I make a payment through NEFT, will the amount be credited to my card account the next day?
- How long does it take for the payment to get credited to my card account with the online payment mode?
- Can I drop cash in the drop box to pay my American Express credit card bill?
- Can I make a cheque payment two days before my due date?
- I have lost my American Express credit card. What should I do?
Yes. However, you will have to make the payment before 5:00 pm for the amount to be credited the next day. You should also know that this excludes Sundays and banking holidays.
First, you should receive a notification from your bank, stating that the amount has been deducted from your account. If it has, your credit card should be credited within one to two working days.
No. You cannot make cash payments through a drop box for your American Express credit card.
No. Ideally, you're required to mail your cheque four days before your due date. This is to ensure the amount is credited to your card account on time. This also helps you avoid any late payment penalties.
You should get in touch with the customer care centre immediately and report the loss of your card. American Express has dedicated helplines for each of their credit cards. Listed below are the numbers you can call, in case you lose your card.
|Card name||Contact number|
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
1800 208 1223
American Express Platinum Credit Card
1800 419 1030*
1800 180 1030
1800 419 2122*
1800 419 2122
American Express PAYBACK Credit Card
1800 419 0726
1800 419 0167
*These are toll-free numbers that can be accessed from mobile and landline numbers.