It is possible for users who fall into certain categories to verify their mobile number through the Airtel website and the Airtel app. The Telecom Service Provider (TSP) will take the users 12-digit Aadhaar number and verify the same.
Those who belong to the following categories will be able to verify their Airtel mobile number with their Aadhaar card through mobile app & website:
- Senior citizens: Those who are 70 years of age or above as of 1 January, 2018, can do so even if they were not able to do biometric verification. This process can also be done if the mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar.
- Physically challenged: Those who fall in this bracket will also be eligible to avail this facility.
The options for others include:
- IVR: The verification process can be completed by keying in ‘14546’, which is a toll-free number.
- Airtel store or retailer: The other way of carrying out the verification process is by making a visit to the nearest Airtel store or retailer.
How can a senior citizen/physically challenged person, verify his/her Aadhaar number with Airtel number:
If the senior citizen does not have his/her mobile number registered with Aadhaar, the verification process can be done as laid out below:
- Log on to https://www.airtel.in/verify-mobile-for-aadhaar-reverification
- Key in mobile number
- Once the OTP is generated, key in the same
- Upload all necessary documents and update information
- Give the transaction ID to another person with Aadhaar number that is registered with mobile number. This person will verify the senior citizen/physically challenged applicant
All applicants will have to give some kind of photo ID and other documentation for proof of age. Those who are physically challenged will also have to provide valid documents to prove the same.
Given below is the list of documents accepted for senior citizens/physically challenged:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Pensioners Card
- Voters ID
- Driving License
- Certificate of being physically challenged (if applicable)