Ever since its conception, Aadhar Card has been a boon to many. Streamlining the process of identification, Aadhaar is a 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian Government. This document serves as a proof of not just identity but even address. This document contains all details of the individual and is generally a mandatory document for all banking necessities. In order to make the process easier, most banks now mandatorily ask individuals to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account. The steps to be undertaken in order to link the card is mentioned below.
A public sector bank that is medium sized, Vijaya Bank was established in Mangaluru in the year 1931. The bank is currently headquartered in Bengaluru and was started to encourage entrepreneurship, thrift and other good financial practises amongst farmers in southern Karnataka. Vijaya Bank was nationalised in the year 1980 and offers numerous services and products as part of its retail banking portfolio.
Aadhaar card can be linked to the Vijaya Bank account online, offline or through SMS.
How to link Aadhaar card to Vijaya Bank account?
In order to link Aadhar card to their Vijaya Bank account through online methods, they will have to follow the steps given below -
- Customers will have to first visit the official Vijaya Bank website
- They will have to then log-in using their user ID and password, if not they will have to register
- They will have to click on the link titled 'Update your Aadhaar number '
- The 12 digit number will have to be entered post which the Bank will confirm details and will let customers know through email or SMS
If customers wish to link their Aadhar card to their Vijaya Bank account through offline methods, they will have to follow the steps mentioned below -
- Individuals will have to visit the closest branch of Vijaya Bank and and procure the application form to link Aadhaar card to their Vijaya Bank account.
- This form will have to be filled and submitted along with original and photocopies of their Aadhaar card and passbook
- Once documents have been verified, bank officials will give the lower half of the application form as receipt
- Once all details have been verified, their Aadhaar card will be linked to their bank account and they will receive details regarding this either on their email or mobile phone.
Customers can also link their Aadhaar card to their bank account via SMS. The steps are provided below -
- Candidates will have to send an SMS in the following format - ADR
Aadhaar number to the number 9243755121
Another method through which customers can link their card to their Vijaya Bank account is through a Vijaya Bank ATM by following the steps provided below -
- Once customers have inserted their credit or debit card into the provided slot and given their pin number, they will have to choose the option 'Other services'.
- Customers will have to click on 'Aadhaar number entry' and provide their Aadhaar number
- Once this is done, customers will receive an acknowledgement receipt.
Aadhaar card is necessary today in order to avail the benefits of various schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy scheme and so on. Hence, it is important for them to link their Aadhaar number to their bank accounts to avail benefits of these schemes. The steps mentioned above will be helpful for customers if they wish to link their Vijaya Bank account to their Aadhaar number.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card