As per the government directive, all banks now mandatorily ask their customers to link Aadhaar card to their bank account. Individuals who have their bank account in Vijaya Bank can link it to their Aadhaar card online, offline, via mobile app, and via SMS service.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian Government. The Aadhaar ID helps to streamline the process of identification. Aadhar card contains all details of an individual and it is a mandatory document for all banking necessities.
Vijaya Bank was established in Mangaluru in the year 1931. The bank is currently headquartered in Bengaluru and was started to encourage entrepreneurship and other good financial practises amongst farmers in southern Karnataka. Vijaya Bank was nationalised in the year 1980 and offers numerous services and products as part of its retail banking portfolio.
Here’s how one can link his/her Aadhaar card to the Vijaya Bank account online, offline, via mobile application, or through SMS.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Vijaya Bank Account Online
In order to link Aadhar card to Vijaya Bank account online, customers will have to follow the steps given below -
- Visit the official website of Vijaya Bank.
- Login to the net banking account using user ID and password. If the customers do not have a net banking account, they can register online for one.
- Click on the “Update Your Aadhaar number” link mentioned under the “Services” tab.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number. The bank will verify the details of the customers with their Aadhaar ID.
- After successful verification, customers will receive an SMS on their registered mobile from the bank.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Vijaya Bank Account via Mobile App
Customers can also link their Vijaya Bank account to their Aadhaar card by downloading the Vijaya Bank mobile app on their smartphone and follow these steps:
- Download Vijaya Bank mobile application on the smartphone and login using the username and password. Like Vnet banking, customers can register for an account if they do not have one.
- Click on the “Other Services” option.
- Click on the “Update Aadhaar Number” option.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar UID and click on the submit button.
- The bank account of the customers will be linked to their Aadhaar number within two working days.
- After the verification is completed successfully, the bank will send a confirmation SMS and email on both the registered mobile number and email address.
How to link Aadhaar card to Vijaya Bank offline by Visiting Bank’s Branch
Vijaya Bank account holders can link their account with Aadhaar offline by visiting any nearest Vijaya Bank’s branch. The steps to link Aadhaar to bank account are as follows:
- Ask the officials for an Aadhaar KYC Form and fill in mentioning the 12-digit Aadhaar number correctly.
- Submit the KYC form along with the self-attested copies of bank’s passbook and Aadhaar card.
- After the verification is complete, the bank official will hand over an acknowledgement receipt to the customer.
- Once the account is linked with Aadhaar, the Vijaya bank account holder will get a confirmation SMS and e-mail.
How to Link Aadhaar card to Vijaya Bank Account by Visiting the ATM
Vijaya Bank also provides its customers the facility to link Aadhaar to bank account by visiting the ATM.
- Use the Vijaya Bank ATM card in a Vijaya Bank ATM machine.
- Enter the 4-digit ATM PIN.
- On the ATM screen, select the “Other Services” option.
- Choose the “Aadhaar Number Entry” option.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number. Customers need to enter their Aadhaar number one more time to re-confirm.
- Once confirmed, they will receive receipt from the ATM machine acknowledging the seeding request for Aadhar with the bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Vijaya Bank Account via SMS
Customers can also link their Aadhaar card to their bank account via SMS. Here’s how they can do it.
- Open “Write Message” on the registered mobile number.
- Write “ADR
12-digit Aadhaar number”. For example, ADR 123456789000.
- Send this SMS to 9243755121.
- After the verification is complete, customers will receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile number within two working days.
How to Check the Aadhaar Linking Status
Vijaya Bank account holders can see the linking request status of their Aadhaar-bank account online.
- Visit the official website of Vijaya Bank.
- Click on the ‘Aadhaar status’ link mentioned under the ‘Help Desk’ tab.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on the “Submit” button.
- The page will display the Aadhaar-bank account linking status of the customer. In case a customer’s Aadhaar is not linked with the Vijaya Bank’s account, he/she will get the “Your Aadhaar number is not seeded. Please register immediately” message on the screen.
Aadhaar card is necessary today in order to avail the benefits of various schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy scheme and so on. Hence, it is important for them to link their Aadhaar number to their bank accounts to avail benefits of these schemes. The steps mentioned above will be helpful for customers if they wish to link their Vijaya Bank account to their Aadhaar number.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card