You can get an Airtel SIM card with Aadhaar eKYC. The eKYC option is available for prepaid as well as postpaid connections.
Why Would You Want An Airtel SIM Card?
The following situations might require you to get a new Airtel SIM:
- If you need a new local Airtel number.
- The SIM card keeps getting smaller with technology making it possible to do so. Since new phones have lesser, hardware space due to their slim bodies, a smaller SIM is required. In such situations people need to get a smaller SIM when they are transitioning to the latest phone.
- Sometimes people might also damage their SIM card in an accident but would still need to retain their old number.
- Some of these cards malfunction if they are too old, and you would need a new one.
It is compulsory to provide identity proof and address proof to get a new SIM. Most Airtel stores will help you with the process, but will require your physical presence in order to place the application. This is mainly because you need to provide your biometric data, which actually takes very little time.
Steps to get Aadhaar eKYC done with Airtel
This process for activating the service is paperless, based on the rules and regulations of the Department of Telecom (DoT). The following steps need to be followed for completion of the process:
- You need to bring your original Aadhaar card to the Airtel Store.
- You need to provide your fingerprints as biometric data at the Airtel Store.
- Your eKYC data will be then downloaded, based on your Aadhar card.
- Authentication of the details will be conducted.
- The Airtel Store will receive the PDF copy of the eCAF(Customer Application Form) as acknowledgement from the UIDAI server.
- You need to then check the details very carefully and authenticate the details by another biometric fingerprint.
- The activation request is then sent by the Point of Sale (POS) operator to the Airtel server for updating details.
Steps to get Airtel SIM card with Aadhaar eKYC
You need to visit your nearest Airtel store to get a SIM card:
- You need to take your Aadhar card with you.
- Biometric authentication will be done, which means your fingerprint or iris will be scanned.
- Once the authentication is completed, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt, similar to the above process.
- Your request will then be sent for processing, but you will be given a SIM card.
- Once the SIM card is activated at Airtel’s end, you will be able to use it