Once you have applied for your Aadhaar Card, you may receive the card in 60 to 90 days. However, the Aadhaar Card is subject to verification and could be rejected. It may not be delivered for months together. In such cases of uncertainty, you can check your Aadhaar check your Aadhaar application status online on the UIDAI website, or via SMS. Checking the status of Aadhaar Card has been made very convenient by the government. Here are the ways to do that:
- With acknowledgement slip: The enrolment slip you received after you submitted the Aadhaar application contains an Enrolment ID and the date and time when your acknowledgement slip was generated. To check your Aadhaar Card status, you need to know the 14-digit Enrolment ID. You also need to know the 14 digits that make up the exact date and time of the slip’s generation. For example, if your Aadhaar acknowledgement slip was generated on August 18, 2014 at 12:10:39, the 14 digits in the Date/Time section will be: 18/08/2014 12:10:39. You need to enter these two sets of 14-digit numbers on the Check Aadhaar Status page of the UIDAI website.
- Without acknowledgement slip: If you have lost your acknowledgement slip, you could retrieve the Enrolment ID and Date/Time of acknowledgement through the UIDAI website.
- On the Aadhaar Kiosk page, click on ‘Find UID/EID’ option.
- On the page, there are 2 options – to retrieve your Aadhaar Number and to retrieve your 28-digit Enrolment Number (EID). Choose the EID option.
- Enter your details such as full name, email id or mobile number and security code.
- Click on the Get OTP button. A One-Time Password will be sent to your registered email id or mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received into the Step 2 column. Click on the ‘Verify OTP’ at the end of the page.
Once the OTP is verified, the page will display your enrolment number. You can use this enrolment number and date/time to fill in the details on the Check Aadhaar Status page and continue as you would to check Aadhaar Card status with acknowledgment slip.
- SMS: To enquire about Aadhaar status via SMS, you need to type UID STATUS-space-14-digit enrolment number, or UID STATUS-space-28-digit EID in the compose message option on your mobile phone. Send this message to 51969.
- Toll-free number: You could also call the toll-free Aadhaar support number – 1947 – to know the status of your Aadhaar Card. You will need to keep your enrolment ID handy.
- Post Office: If you are sure that your Aadhaar Card has been generated and dispatched, you could check with your local post office on whether the card has reached there. You will again need to keep your enrolment ID ready.
It is important to keep track of your Aadhaar Card if you have not received it after application. The card serves as an important government identity and address proof, and is key to receiving your LPG subsidy through linkage with bank accounts. If your Aadhaar Card is delayed by over 90 days, keep checking the status in any of the above methods convenient to you.
News about How To Check Status Of Aadhar Updates
CM Expresses Concern Over the Slow Progress of Smart Pulse Survey
Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu on Friday directed the concerned state authorities to complete Smart Pulse Survey in the next 15 days time frame. It was observed that the survey which aims to collect information pertaining to the socio-economic status of households had been progressing in a slow pace. The Chief Minister in a video conference with the officials instructed them to record data with respect to Aadhar cards, Ration Cards and LPG connections. He also added that incentives would be given to the best performing officials next month. So far, 78% of the survey has been completed in rural areas and 57% in urban areas.
20th October 2016