While there is no requirement for you to book an appointment when you decide to enrol in the Aadhar program, doing so can actually save you a lot of time. With a set appointment, you will not have to worry about standing in lines and if you will be able to finish the work in one day or not. The whole thing gets even better because the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has provided a lot of resources on its portal that make sure that you can book Aadhar appointments online without any hassle. What follows is a step by step guide to how you can actually book appointments through their website.
Find Aadhar Enrolment Center
If you want to enrol in the Aadhar program, you will need to go to one of the designated centres. If you are unsure where they are then you can find them online. You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on the link for Aapka Aadhar.
- On this page, click on the Resident tab and then on the tab for “Where to Enrol” on the left.
- On this page if you scroll down a bit, you will see a link to “Where to Enrol”.
- On the enrolment page, you can enter the state, city and locality information.
- You can also select options for centres with web appointment facilities.
- Once you have made your choice, the system will show you a list of places that match your search criteria.
Book Online Appointment For Aadhaar Enrolment
An appointment is not strictly necessary because you can just walk into the Aadhar centre and enrol too. However, booking one can ensure that the whole process becomes a bit smoother and can help ensure you don’t have to wait in line for your turn. Booking appointments is a simple thing to do and can be done online too.
Starting from where we left off, now that you have found an enrolment centre, you will notice that the last column on the result has a red flashing dot that indicates the availability of appointment booking facility. Click on it to book the appointment.
- Once the page loads, you will be presented with a form to book an appointment.
- The first part of the form will collect information about you name and contact details.
- This section will also ask you about the number of people who wish to come for this appointment.
- In the section below that you can select the city and the centre that you wish to visit.
- In the same section you will also be shown an option to see the available slots where the booked slots will be marked in red and that available ones in green.
- Once you have chosen the slot, just enter the date and time of the appointment in the third section.
- Enter the verification code mentioned on the site and click on “Fix Appointment” to confirm the visit.
- You can also change any of the details before you fix the appointments so make sure all the information entered by you is accurate.
Once you are done with this, your appointment will have been book for that particular day and you can start preparing for the registration process. The registration process itself is the next big step in getting an Aadhar card and can be the difference between getting an Aadhar number and not getting one.This is what you can expect from the registration process.
How To Cancel / Reschedule Aadhar Card Appointment
Individuals can apply for their Aadhar card online as well, thanks to the E-Aadhar Enrollment option. Individuals can schedule their appointments online in order to visit the enrollment centre, to procure the card. However, if an applicant is unable to visit the centre on the designated date or time, he/she can always reschedule the appointment or cancel, by following the simple steps given below:
- Applicants will have to visit the Aadhar UIDAI page, wherein they first made their appointment.
- On the page, there will be a link titled ‘Reschedule or Cancel Appointment’, which will have to be clicked.
- Applicants will be redirected to a new page.
- Individuals will then have to provide the token number that they would have received at the time of scheduling an appointment and also their mobile number. This number must match the one that was entered at the time of scheduling the appointment.
- Then individuals must click on the ‘Reschedule/Cancel’ button again.
- Applicants will then be able to choose another date/time of their convenience in order to procure the Aadhar card.
By following the steps above, applicants can easily cancel or reschedule their appointment online, quite easily.
News related to book an appointment for Aadhar Enrolment
Meeting held to Review Aadhaar Enrollment Work
A meeting was recently held where Kathua Ramesh Kumar(District Development Commissioner) reviewed the current Aadhaar enrollment activities across the district. Katua has requested the members to put in more effort so that the enrollment target could be achieved within the decided time frame. He has also requested for a tracker facility that would help them trace all those families who still have not enrolled. He also want steps to be taken to make people aware of the schedule of enrollment camps. He has asked the Tehsildars to personally monitor the progress as well as to set up more enrollment camps in the area. He also reflected on the importance of linking bank accounts to aadhaar numbers for proper implementation of various schemes. According to Kathua Vyas Raj(DSEO), 89% of the target has already been achieved. Apart from this, discussion regarding Aadhaar seeding of beneficiaries under schemes such as NFSA, MMSFES, PAY also took place.
18th October 2016